30" dish for BEV?

clapple

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Nov 26, 2004
Palm derset, Ca.
I have asked before, with no replys. Would a 30" dish restore lost BEV recepyion in So. Ca.? Don't want to spend the money, if it doesn't work.

Nope. I bought one and an Invacom LNB specifically for this purpose. It restored transponders 5, 9, 23 & 25 temporarily. That is, until BEV adjusted the beam into LA again a few weeks ago and they dropped just below the 40% threshold level for locking. If you were willing to go to 1.2 meters, you might get a usable signal. But I would be very wary, as Bell will probably just mess with us again and you'll have wasted your time and money.

I appreciate all your input, trials and faults in trying to re-establish a good signal from BEV. Being in NoCal I've already given up on it, but because I'm still under contract I still pay. I plan on trading it away for a SC unit after the summer is done. I know there isn't too much being offered compared to Bev, but NFL is still cheaper than Rupert's D*

clayface1000 said:
Nope. I bought one and an Invacom LNB specifically for this purpose. It restored transponders 5, 9, 23 & 25 temporarily. That is, until BEV adjusted the beam into LA again a few weeks ago and they dropped just below the 40% threshold level for locking. If you were willing to go to 1.2 meters, you might get a usable signal. But I would be very wary, as Bell will probably just mess with us again and you'll have wasted your time and money.

I can tell you that I had a 43% constant on 7, 11, 27 and 31 after the last readjustment - and my 2 BEV units COULD NOT lock on 43%....when it hit 45-47 for short periods of time during daylight hours (and not around sunrise) it was there...but errors galore.

So I am hesitant at calling 40-43 lockable when it actually comes to locking in for programming. Below about 45, I guess the error rate is too high for decryption.

And no, I don't think a 30" is going to do squat in the ring of death.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)