30 For 30

Looks like another good one coming up next week, 10/5: ;)

Our mission with Four Days In October was to capture the symbolic essence of the Boston Red Sox unprecedented 2004 ALCS comeback victory vs. their arch- rivals, the New York Yankees.

Our focus with this film was to take fans back in time and place them in the bubble that was October 17th to Oct. 20th in an effort to capture the day-by-day transformation of an entire franchise and its hardcore fan base known as “Red Sox Nation.”

ESPN 30 for 30

Looks like another good one coming up next week, 10/5: ;)

Our mission with Four Days In October was to capture the symbolic essence of the Boston Red Sox unprecedented 2004 ALCS comeback victory vs. their arch- rivals, the New York Yankees.

Our focus with this film was to take fans back in time and place them in the bubble that was October 17th to Oct. 20th in an effort to capture the day-by-day transformation of an entire franchise and its hardcore fan base known as “Red Sox Nation.”

ESPN 30 for 30

This will be literally like reliving a dream. Those four days in my life (as well as EVERYONE I know) were a blur.

Can't wait for this!! :up

This will be literally like reliving a dream. Those four days in my life (as well as EVERYONE I know) were a blur.

If only this site had been around back then- would have loved to see your comments during that wild momentum swing of a series.

I'm going to pass on that one Bill. Instead I'm going to perhaps have my gums scraped, or ask my fiance to hit me over the head with a wiffle ball bat...you know, something more enjoyable than reliving that bit of fun. ;) :D

Sandra

Did a bit of research on the Bartman 30 for 30, looks like its going to be called "Steve Bartman: Catching Hell"

30 for 30 fun to watch . Looking back at the 2004 World Series win I wish someone would do is make a movie about that win and visit the small towns all around New England to see the impact of that World Series win. NESN did a short series about Red Sox fans after that and it was great. One was about a man who was serving in the Army during the 1960's and his father would record the Red Sox games on the radio with a tape recorder and mail them to him overseas. Another show talked to a man who was then a boy who got his by a baseball during the game. Jim Rice went up into the stands and picked him up and went to the trainers room in the dugout with him. Some real good stuff. I saw many of it first hand.

The 2004 was such a great thing for Red Sox fans. The television stations in Maine went to a nursing home and talked to people who watched the game. Smiles all around. It was very powerful stuff and very emotional. That's the video I like to see. People who recorded the crowds in bars and firehouses around New England. It was magic.

The Boston Media is the most negative I've ever seen . I had to deal with this all the time growing up. In 1967 they put out a front page story before game 7 saying something like Jim Lonborg and champagne. I don't have it in front of me but it made the St. Louis Cardinals mad and motivated. They were just as negative in 2004 even when they won game 4 , 5, and even 6. I hate them. Dan Shaughnessy was the worst.

Just saw the one about Terry Fox, which was produced by NBA great Steve Nash...and it was definately on of the best 30 for 30s I had seen. It almost made shed a tear.

For those that do not know, Terry Fox was a 21 year old kid that had his right leg amputated due to cancer...and set a quest to run from the East Coast of Canada to the West coast.

If you could do a 30 for 30 for you local area what would it be....

For me, a 30 for 30 on the "Bad Boys" would be great the begining, the run and the ending

And a "Fab Five" on that would be intresting becouse it would talk about the history they made and what lead to the NCAA sanctions that really hampered the team for so long

If you could do a 30 for 30 for you local area what would it be....

For me, a 30 for 30 on the "Bad Boys" would be great the begining, the run and the ending

And a "Fab Five" on that would be intresting becouse it would talk about the history they made and what lead to the NCAA sanctions that really hampered the team for so long

The are excellent choices.:up I would LOVE to see the behind the scenes of how the "Bad Boys" would prepare when they would play Michael Jordan and he Bulls.

Me being from Miami....I thought the one about The U was absolutely awesome and would have been my pick. There is no doubt that THOSE Miami Hurricanes teams completely changed college football.

I think the inner workings of HOW the HEAT landed the 3 biggest free agents in this past "summer of free agency" in the NBA....THE TRUTH....would aboslutely jaw dropping.

Seeing that I lived in Chicago....I would have ALSO picked everything about "Bartman".

"30 for 30" on the 89-90 UConn "dream season" (Tate George shot) would do it for me.

But I need something MORE than they have a good season and won it all. Was there conflict? Was there some controversy? Was there tragedy? SOMETHING that took it OUTSIDE the play on the field/court/rink/diamond is what would attract those OUTSIDE of the local fans.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)