30 For 30

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
Just saw the 30 for 30, "Two Escobars" about the Pablo Escobar and ALL the Cali cartel and their ties to soccer and the death of Escobar(the player and no relation to Pablo) after being murdered for giving up a "own goal" against the US in the 1994 World Cup. Quite possibly, the best documentary I have EVER seen and a definate MUST SEE!

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
^.
I saw it too, man that was an A+ documentary.

I had been down on ESPN for the TV they were showing, but those 30 for 30 have been some of the best TV I have seen ever. Their documentaries have been top notch reporting and story telling. HOW they were able to get ALL those people involved in the documentary for last night is beyond me! Not to mention the footage.....wow!

cosmo_kramer

Master of my Domain
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2005
41.605N, -72.879W
I have it recorded, just haven't had the time to sit down and watch it yet. With all the good things you guys are saying about it, I will have to soon....

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
I have it recorded, just haven't had the time to sit down and watch it yet. With all the good things you guys are saying about it, I will have to soon....

I had LOVED the Wayne Gretzky, the Ali and the one about The U.....but this one, WOW! Like I stated, the best documentary of ANY KIND I have ever seen! They have some footage and interviews with people I NEVER thought someone can get.

Hart5150

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 27, 2004
Temple, Pa
Just saw the 30 for 30, "Two Escobars" about the Pablo Escobar and ALL the Cali cartel and their ties to soccer and the death of Escobar(the player and no relation to Pablo) after being murdered for giving up a "own goal" against the US in the 1994 World Cup. Quite possibly, the best documentary I have EVER seen and a definate MUST SEE!

I watched it also, I found it to be pretty interesting. Most of the time when I am done watching these I do some more reading on the internet about the subject, It is just sad to me that a person like Pablo Escobar can be glorified by some in his own country and this one, too. Sick!

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
I watched it also, I found it to be pretty interesting. Most of the time when I am done watching these I do some more reading on the internet about the subject, It is just sad to me that a person like Pablo Escobar can be glorified by some in his own country and this one, too. Sick!

It is VERY sad.....I will try to do my best to not go political, but that government did NOTHING to develope sports...and even LESS for those that were dirty poor. To see people scrounge through a landfill for food and clothing was the saddest and most disgusting things I had EVER seen. The government provided nothing for infrastructure and less for schools in these extremely poor areas. Did ya read the disclosure AFTER, since the dropping of funding by these cartels....15 of 18 teams in the professional league, which used to be some of best leagues in the world, will more than likely file for bankruptcy...and the Columbia national team, once considered some of the strongest teams from the Americans...has yet to qualify for a World Cup. With all that said, think how much LESS has been done for the poor by the government? The Cartels use to provide jobs in farming and housing....illegal, albeit, but alot more than the government of that country ever did. I do not in ANYWAY agree with the drug trade in ANY way shape or form....but can you not blame these folks that were provided a wage and homes for the farming abilities(again illegal) to not consider these cartel heroes? It's absolutely crazy....:rant::(

Rey

@ your service
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2008
Florida
SWEET! i have it on the dvr. will be watching soon.................

mccoyrj

SatelliteGuys Master
Aug 27, 2007
Southwest Ohio
Just watched a DVRd copy. Excellent! Always was aware of this going on down there, but never knew the details of why. Unbelievable, and such a shame.

I've been enjoying this series all along, but this one was far superior to the rest. Thanks Salsa for the heads up!

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
Just watched a DVRd copy. Excellent! Always was aware of this going on down there, but never knew the details of why. Unbelievable, and such a shame.

I've been enjoying this series all along, but this one was far superior to the rest. Thanks Salsa for the heads up!

YW! I will buy this one as soon as I get a chance. I also hear the one about OJ Simpson, called June 17, 1994.. is VERY good.....I have yet to see that one. That get's replayed on July 31 on ESPN2 at 2:00pm.

Last edited:

btharner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 2, 2007
I haven't seen the one on June 17, 1994 yet but as an sidenote I have a videotape of the opening World Cup match on ESPN between Germany and Bolivia and just before the game they cut to an OJ update with Mark Schwartz and their legal expert Don Wager who says OJ is downtown being processed as they speak. Boy was he a little off target.

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
I haven't seen the one on June 17, 1994 yet but as an sidenote I have a videotape of the opening World Cup match on ESPN between Germany and Bolivia and just before the game they cut to an OJ update with Mark Schwartz and their legal expert Don Wager who says OJ is downtown being processed as they speak. Boy was he a little off target.

I was actually AT the opening ceremony and game in Chicago.

hallrk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 28, 2006
YW! I will buy this one as soon as I get a chance. I also hear the one about OJ Simpson, called June 17, 1994.. is VERY good.....I have yet to see that one. That get's replayed on July 31 on ESPN2 at 2:00pm.

Yes, it is very good. The best of the one's that I have watched,IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)