30" Hotdish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mjs812

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 21, 2008
Jupiter, FL
I tried searching and couldn't find much about this dish. Is this a good quality dish, I plan to use it specificaly for G18, will it work OK.

sure it would work just fine. I use to have one a while back. Dish works great for fixed system but you cant motorize it easily due to the bracket.

I had one but after a fair amount of wind the dish would flex real bad....

Here is a pic of my old one. I dont know if they have a new model or not but with the model I have when adjusting elevation the centre of the nut is what you use

Attachments

• IM000793.JPG
    IM000793.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 158
  • IM000795.JPG
    IM000795.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 158
Well it should be here in a couple of days, this will be my first atempt at fta. Hopefully the smaller dish won't give me a hard time, I'll post my results.

Well I got the dish today, setup went smoothly. I'm getting between 50-60 quailty on all tp's, with one exception. TP 11730 and 11805 did not come in with a blind scan so I added them manually. They are the only Horizontal TP's on there. Any idea why they didn't come in?

TP 11730 and 11805 did not come in with a blind scan ................................ Any idea why they didn't come in?
Which receiver are you using?
Some have adjustable settings for Blind Scans, Fast and miss alot - Slow takes forever and a day but finds alot.

I have a viewsat extreme, I think I scaned at step 6. But I didn't get a signal when adding manually either. I don't know if they are active right now. Just curious since I didn't pick up horizontal TP's.

Yes, I got every channel on the list for G18 except for the few on 11805, I really don't care to much since I got everything else I wanted, but just trying to figure out why I didn't get a H TP, could it be an alignment problem?

Well maybe it was a cockpit error, I just checked 11805 and it had signal. I didn't see it 3 or 4 hours ago, so I scanned that tp and those 3 channels came in. Does that make any sence?

yep...seen that happen before...maybe an issue at uplink

I have the same thing on a C-Band channel
quality on signal at noon......30 quality
3:00...45
4:30....68 or so

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NASA-TV

Not Quite FTA But...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)