30 second skip?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

twineye

Original poster
Apr 19, 2006
I just got the dvr today. I never had Tivo so Im really loving this baby. Ive read that there is a way to have a 30 second skip button, is this true? And also is there a way to cancel one specific program without cancelling all the programs? Thanx a lot guys!!!

I am not aware of the 30 second skip ahead function. There is a replay funtion on the DVR. I think if you want to cancel a particular episode without canceling the others you have to stop the recording when the show starts. Otherwise just used the first run function and don't record the repeats if that is kind of what you mean.

I agree Sean. I just got it on tuesday (with the firewire port) so Im still getting used to it. So far, I like it. The 30 second skip would be great but Im using the FF button. Its quick so I sometimes have to rewind to get back where I need to be.
All in all, I think its a good machine.

twineye said:
I just got the dvr today. I never had Tivo so Im really loving this baby. Ive read that there is a way to have a 30 second skip button, is this true? And also is there a way to cancel one specific program without cancelling all the programs? Thanx a lot guys!!!

You didn't say what kind box you have but here one for the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorola_6412

FROM AVS FORUM:

"Scientific Atlanta actually physically removed or disabled the 30-second skip option from the software. It used to work with a programmable remote but no more, or at least no one's figured it out again."

Looks like you are out of luck. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)