30 second slip going to end of program

Status
Please reply by conversation.

txfeinbergs

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
This continues to be a major thorn in my side for over a year now. Has anyone ever found a solution to this. At least once a night, when I try to use the 30 second slip on my HR-21, the DVR decides to slip all the way to the end of the program instead of just 30 seconds. It seems to do this no matter whether I am pressing the button fast, or slow between subsequent presses.

Resetting the receiver seems to help a bit, but it doesn't take long (about one or two nights) before it starts doing it again.

Is this fixed in the HR-22 or HR-23?

Is the 30 second skip more reliable? (I like being able to see what I am slipping past, but I could live without that I guess).

Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

A lot of people report this problem.

Strangely, it happens to my wife a lot, but never to me. So maybe theres something around usage that causes it. I know if you hold the button down for a few seconds it goes from a 30 second slip to a skip-to-end.

Unfortunately, it isn't something as easy as that. I think the DVR stutters/pauses/temporarily locks up, and when it wakes back up 1 to 2 seconds later it still thinks the button is down and moves the program to the end. I guess the remote could be bad, but given I have seen other people on here with the same problem, I sort of doubt it. Thanks for your response though.

Unfortunately, it isn't something as easy as that. I think the DVR stutters/pauses/temporarily locks up, and when it wakes back up 1 to 2 seconds later it still thinks the button is down and moves the program to the end.

I think that's what is happening too. I hate it!
I have a box that can learn and then send remote commands. I tried varying the time the command was sent. It had no bearing on the problem so it is a timing issue with their receivers that could easily be caused by tiny GUI lockups.

Unfortunately, it isn't something as easy as that. I think the DVR stutters/pauses/temporarily locks up, and when it wakes back up 1 to 2 seconds later it still thinks the button is down and moves the program to the end. I guess the remote could be bad, but given I have seen other people on here with the same problem, I sort of doubt it. Thanks for your response though.

Just curious, seeing it looks like a remote issue or a stuck button, momentarily, have you replaced your batteries in it lately.

Wasn't there a "SuperClickToTick" feature added to NR that included a skip to end with three sequential presses of the slip forward button or am I confusing that with the hold slip button down?

Maybe the bug was introduced with the "SuperClickToTick" feature. IIRC, the feature included skip to tick by holding FFWD or RWD buttons and the skip to end to end or beginning by holding the skip or replay button.

I'm one of those you can add to the list that frequently skips to end of show or buffer when trying to skip commercials.

Yep, holding the replay button down skips to the start of a show, holding the slip/skip button skips to the end of the show.

I just started having this problem about 2 weeks ago. Until then I could hit the 30-sec skip any number of times and it worked perfectly.

But now whenever I hit it 3 or 4 times quickly, it skips to the end of the program. And it does it consistently with all of my recordings. Very annoying.

Put me on the list too. Just signed up last week. Brand new HR22 does it. Sucks, because I went from the 2nd to 8th inning of a baseball game last night. I wanted to watch it, but when I know what the score will be, there isn't much point. How do I change it to a skip instead of slip?

I find that I have to hit the skip aheads very slowly. To be safe, I hit it once, wait for it to complete, then hit it again. Takes longer, I used to queue up 12 to 15 or more skips. Can no longer do that. Can sometimes get up to 3 queued.

I find that I have to hit the skip aheads very slowly. To be safe, I hit it once, wait for it to complete, then hit it again. Takes longer, I used to queue up 12 to 15 or more skips. Can no longer do that. Can sometimes get up to 3 queued.

This is what I've had to do too. Its frustrating, but if I do it too quickly, then I get to the end of the program.

This happened to me the other night, only in reverse. I hit the back button to see a play again on Monday Night Football. The damn thing went all the way back to the beginning of my buffer! I had to then fast forward to catch up to where I was before...

Same problem here! It's extremely frustrating. My wife thought I was crazy for the longest time because it would never happen to her, but it finally did the other night.

I'm not sure what's worse: this, or the unresponsive remote problem that sometimes makes it impossible to type in the desired channel number.

How did you fix it?
I've tried different remotes and still get delays, missed commands and skip ahead problems.

I received a message from D* that I had a software update that added new features. So I immediately went to my recorded programs list to check to see if my skip ahead feature had been fixed, and it had.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)