300 movie out today- who's buying?

thowe21

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 26, 2007
Torrance, CA
This movie is what High Definition is all about. HD-DVD camp has been advertising their special features on the disc all over the place. I'll being pick-up Blu-Ray for my PS3, can't wait. What about everyone else?

i have the house alone tonight and i have read a review saying the sound is GREAT! i love cranking it up, the wife dont. i say this becaues BB has it for $34, while amazon has it for 28. so, i will spend a few bucks more so i can turn it up to 11~~~!! will pick up hot fuzz too (hd dvd for these two)

i have the house alone tonight and i have read a review saying the sound is GREAT! i love cranking it up, the wife dont. i say this becaues BB has it for $34, while amazon has it for 28. so, i will spend a few bucks more so i can turn it up to 11~~~!! will pick up hot fuzz too (hd dvd for these two)

If you have a Target or Walmart close by, you can get BB to price match.
I believe Target is $29.99 and Walmart is $27.88

Best Buy has a collectible 2-Disc DVD release which comes with a replica Spartan helmet. I'm picking that up (so I've got one to share with family and friends), along with the HD DVD release.

I first saw this on a local IMAX and was stunned by the style and quality (particularly when you take into account it was filmed almost exclusively on sound stages in front of green screen (a.k.a. blue screen).

It took the technique pioneered by the likes of Sky Captain and Sin City to a whole new level!

Very impressive film.

If you have a Target or Walmart close by, you can get BB to price match.
I believe Target is $29.99 and Walmart is $27.88

REALLY?? great, i did not know that! they are close buy, i was at wal mart a few weeks ago and they had verry few titles in BR of Hd DVD. i will check there first, if not i guess i just ask for a discount?

I'm buying from Amazon but not right now. I usually buy 3 to 5 titles every three weeks from Amazon -- get my 10% off and free shipping. I am up to 43 titles right now and counting.

In my local Sunday advertisement, Target has the Blu-Ray for $24.99 and HD-DVD for $29.99. Which is $5 bucks cheaper than BB.

just bought it at wal mart for 29.95, thanks for the tip!! i thought they were going to stop making the combo disc. guess not. well plan to watch in my empty house in about a hour!!
i did not see 300 while it was out so im excited!! PLEASE, no calls after 5:45 St .louis time
thx

just bought it at wal mart for 29.95, thanks for the tip!! i thought they were going to stop making the combo disc. guess not. well plan to watch in my empty house in about a hour!!
i did not see 300 while it was out so im excited!! PLEASE, no calls after 5:45 St .louis time
thx

You are going to enjoy it, great movie with awesome visual effects.

Movielink, Target join for 300 promotion - 7/31/2007 - Video Business

Target is giving away a free download of the movie through Movielink when you buy the deluxe DVD edition.

Doesn't make much sense to me, studios are trying to protect their rights through CSS on DVD's but now they are allowing you to download it and keep it on your computer anyway with purchase. If people really wanted to rip the movie to their Hard Drive, there are easy ways to do it (which should be legal anyway). If I own something, I should be able to watch when/where/how I want to. Not only when a movie studio allows me to do so.

Movielink, Target join for 300 promotion - 7/31/2007 - Video Business

Target is giving away a free download of the movie through Movielink when you buy the deluxe DVD edition.

Doesn't make much sense to me, studios are trying to protect their rights through CSS on DVD's but now they are allowing you to download it and keep it on your computer anyway with purchase. If people really wanted to rip the movie to their Hard Drive, there are easy ways to do it (which should be legal anyway). If I own something, I should be able to watch when/where/how I want to. Not only when a movie studio allows me to do so.

While this is true, they're not selling it to you under those conditions, they are selling it to you to view on their terms, not yours.

I got it yesterday, shipped from Warner Home Video. With the combo being on the HD version and the PCM audio being on the BD, I went with the Blu-ray version. :eek:

It was pretty good. Sure was a hellauva lost of Testosterone going on in that movie. :p

I think Warner is blowing it for HD DVD pushing these combos - there was like 3 different standard definition DVD's available (full screen, wide & 2 disc special). While they thought it was so %$#@! important to force yet another SD version on High Def buyers is beyond me.

Same thing next week with those Teenage Mutant Turtles - I'm passing on the HD combo for the BD.

Many are PO'd about having to pay more for the combo. Studio says polls request this, I think the studio is planning a way to get off cheaper.

Many are PO'd about having to pay more for the combo. Studio says polls request this, I think the studio is planning a way to get off cheaper.

Yeah, I've read that - but don't buy it. If they want a real poll, they out to release both a combo and HD only at the same time, and see which sells better. I know which version I'd bet on.

But, left with no choice I will buy a combo if I really, really want a movie. I also bought Hot Fuzz as I hear it's a really funny movie, and I like British humor.

What are you guys paying for combo discs?

I got 300 HD combo disc for $24.99 at target on Tuesday. Maybe it was a mistake, but I rarely pay more than a couple bucks over BD for a the HD combo's at Walmart or Target.

What are you guys paying for combo discs?

I got 300 HD combo disc for $24.99 at target on Tuesday. Maybe it was a mistake, but I rarely pay more than a couple bucks over BD for a the HD combo's at Walmart or Target.

Same here, I have never payed over $27.00 for a combo disc. CC and BB price match all day long.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts