Is it the $300 that makes you "one sided"?

I think we can all agree that with such a huge install lead but barely a 2 : 1 sales lead, alot of PS3's are not being used for movies.

:haha :haha I called it!

Makes me wonder about his sig
Proud owner of:
- Playstation 3,Xbox 360
- DirecTV HR20-700/Premier Package/NFL Sunday Ticket/NFL Superfan/ DirecTV Slimline Dish, Sony 32" Bravia Model KDL32S20L1

Now If he has bought all of this on his own, Kudos. But I think his parents bought it for him.

My 3 kids share a 19 inch tv a 360 and a Wii. :D And I bought the 360 second hand.

Frankly I think this forum should be limited to 30 and above. Keep the 13-29 crowd in a kiddie section.

I would say 25+ thats when most men start to actually mature, Settle down get married have kids and figure out what the world is about. :D

It's not the years that make the man...you can be wise and mature at any age. I've met several people who should be/act like adults based on their physical years, that, unfortunately, seem to have been socially/mentally frozen in their early teens. Lots of older posters here don't seem to bring much maturity/wisdom to the table...experience doesn't seem to have benefited some.

Thus, besides folks simply voting on what they've already spent money on, much of what you find in the platform war in its most hateful manifestations are a combination of immaturity (regardless of age), willful ignorance or platform bigotry that may have any number of causes.

Some of the latter include: industry affiliations (i.e. they're myopic IT pros biased to/against a platform, sales/resellers or blatant paid corporate shills); people who had a lemon from a manufacturer and thus expand that singular experience to a pre-judgement of the company as a whole; people who are actually deep-seated bigots, pure and simple, and like to throw their chips in on those kinds of us/them arguments/inflamatory debates (make you wonder what these people think about car nameplates and the country of origin, too).

Yep, it all makes you wonder...but it sure keeps things "entertaining." ;)

Makes me wonder about his sig
Proud owner of:
- Playstation 3,Xbox 360
- DirecTV HR20-700/Premier Package/NFL Sunday Ticket/NFL Superfan/ DirecTV Slimline Dish, Sony 32" Bravia Model KDL32S20L1

Now If he has bought all of this on his own, Kudos. But I think his parents bought it for him.

My 3 kids share a 19 inch tv a 360 and a Wii. :D And I bought the 360 second hand.

No, I paid all by myself.

Holy Babysitter Batman has this thread ever gotten sidetracked!

HD-DVD has so many proponents due to it's consumer friendliness, i.e. lower entry cost, dual discs, and less aggressive DRM. The HD-DVD crowd care more about their fair use rights than a larger capacity disc.

The BD crew believe in the "technical superiority" (read higher capacity discs and thruput, they don't care about fewer features in build 1.0 and 1.1 which have less abilities than all HD_DVD players sold since day 1) and tend to be Sony kool aid drinkers.

Before you all jump all over me, I'm not talking exclusivlly about those that visit this forum. As HT Editor here for 3 years, and elsewhere for 4 years, I've attended many conventions etc... It's just the way thinks have panned out to this point.

Yeah thats another reason I got HD DVD first. Fair use, no region coding, less copy protection. It just seemed more consumer friendly compared to BD that was touting iron shackles around the material.

No. But I'm sure the young ones relize that the older crowd probably has more knowledge.
On SOME life matters yes, generally speaking when it comes to DBS talk or any of the formats we are talking about here, i disagree(although there are some exceptions).

Wow golly gee.
Vurb, childish comments like this make me ask why you think it should be limited to 30 and over. Do comments like this show the maturity that comes with age? If so i say leave it as is

Vurb, childish comments like this make me ask why you think it should be limited to 30 and over. Do comments like this show the maturity that comes with age? If so i say leave it as is

He was doing a leave it to beaver quote :D. Shows how old he is thats all. :rolleyes:

Thought it was a lot more humorous than IceWolf Saying "Blue Ray is A** raping HD-DVD".

He was doing a leave it to beaver quote :D. Shows how old he is thats all. :rolleyes:

Thought it was a lot more humorous than IceWolf Saying "Blue Ray is A** raping HD-DVD".
I remember the show.....

So answer "childishness" with childishness? Thats mature? I honestly expected alot more from vurb. Which is why this line of reasoning makes no sense.