302 CTV Toronto HD (CFTO) does not come in on my LNB, however 300 and other HD channels do, why?

TTC

Original poster
Jan 26, 2015
Guad
302 CTV Toronto HD (CFTO) does not come in on my LNB, however 300 and other HD channels do, why?

What's your signal level and dB number in system status? Could be a weaker transponder in Mexico?

Catamount

Also, your other thread about switches: If you are only on 111 F2, you won't get Ctv Toronto as it's on 107 F1

Please note that ch 302 is on sat 107 F1 (as Catamount mentioned) and ch 300, 303 and 304 are on the other sat 111w Anik F2.
Let us know your numbers (as per Catamount post) in ch 302 and say 300, 303,
It could be your signal on 107w is weak.
What system are you using 2 dish setup ?
Even in Central Mexico reception for F1 is good enough to get ch 302.

Please note that 302 CFTO HD is at 69 level and 3.0 dB, but not seen on TV.

I thought that all HD channels came in on 111 F2...does this mean that 302 CFTO HD will be seen on 107 F1?

Thank you all for your assistance...Muchas Gracias...

Please note that 302 CFTO HD is at 69 level and 3.0 dB, but not seen on TV.

I thought that all HD channels came in on 111 F2...does this mean that 302 CFTO HD will be seen on 107 F1?

Thank you all for your assistance...Muchas Gracias...

Not all the HD ch are on 111, Before they put in service the G1 bird at 107w, most (but not all) of the HD chs were on 111w, now I think most of the HDs are on G1, but anyway for those of us outside G1´s footprint most of the HDs will be at 111 with a few exceptions like ch 302,

The db number is key, that sounds low, what do you have on 303 ?, it could be that you need to fine tune the signal on 107w to maximize it, if you´re in Guadalajara you should get a decent signal.

The db number is key, that sounds low, what do you have on 303 ?,...

The readings for Global HD 303 are 69 level and 3.0 dB which I can see on the TV, same as 302 which I cannot see on the TV.

Those numbers are way too low, especially on Hd channels. What size dishes are you using? I think you should slightly adjust your dish for higher signal. I am 8.1 db on a 24 inch dish. However, I'm in Canada :biggrin2

The readings for Global HD 303 are 69 level and 3.0 dB which I can see on the TV, same as 302 which I cannot see on the TV.

None of that matters!! Global is on a different transponder. I don't know which sat. Every transponder is different, different frequency, different Fec. Just because you get a picture with 3 dB on one channel doesn't mean you may need 5 dB on a different one

Edit: I just checked global Toronto and the dB is 8.3, so better signal. Maybe you just have to skew lnb slightly? to get Ctv. You should be on the fringe of getting it

What do you get on 366 Love Nature, that one is also on F1, Can you see picture ?
What dish size do you have ?
I am in the process of setting up the dish for F1 and F2, and do not have a Switch yet, so I see one sat at a time.

The dish is 1.2 meters and 366 does NOT come in...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts