30w Transponder Conflict?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

iBoston

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 15, 2014
North Central
On 30w, I can successfully get 11958v, but i cannot get 11960v. I believe it is still there, because a couple times when blind scanning, it pulls it in as a channel, but, i can then never actually lock the channel. No signal. I'm curious if anyone is successfully grabbing both of these channels, and if so, what device are you using and what frequency and SR got you the result?

screenshot.1469029102.jpg

Wow, okay, i got it! I had to manually add a channel with the correct PIDS. Then i turned to that manually created channel, and after about 5 seconds, the channel popped in with a signal quality of 12.5db.

Well , the 5 seconds turns out to be highly variable. One time it took nearly 20 seconds to pop in.

I love challenges like this!

I get both of them, but not strong. Had to manually add them on both the microHD and the FreeSat V7. This is using a 1.2 meter GeoSatPro dish and matching PLL LNBF. I'm hampered by the low elevation of 30w here, just 2.3 degrees above the horizon. The strongest signals from 30w have a Q of about 70%.

Reactions: iBoston
I'm able to lock onto T5 but barely.

At the moment no signal at all on Canal 9. It is in my channel list so I did receive it at some point.

My mother in law speaks only Spanish. She has a TV in her guest room. She visits for months every year. She loves all the content she gets. I have her setup up with the Spanish speaking channels on KU 30w, 87w and 125w. With me having all those new fixed dishes setup, it makes it very user friendly.

I get both (using a Star Choice 60e). T5 can take a second or two to pop in, but not more than that. The AZBox (after I deleted both transponders and channels) did blind scan both in, but only kept 11959, as is doesn't like to scan in frequencies less than 3 numbers apart (as T5 was at 11961). Just had to manually enter the transponder at 11962, and the channel scanned in (didn't have to manually enter any PIDS).

Won't scan in on my V7,have decent Q,tried blind,full and pid but no luck,just comes up as no program found.
Are the pids correct on lyngsat and the pcr the same as the vpid ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts