311 Receiver / Remote

jsorenson3

Original poster
Aug 5, 2012
wausau, wi
I have one remote with the Green # 1 on it. I purchased a 2nd replacement report, Blue # 2 with UHF on it.

How do i get this added to the receiver.

Also - I have the Splitter with the two outputs to sat 1 in and sat 2 in and shows up under check switch. to get the 2nd feed to another room, the coax runs from the home distribution port on back to the other tv and will be on channel 70 or so once i get the UHF setup?

Depending on the remote, take the battery cover off, and you should be able to pull the #2 "key" out. Flip it around, and it should have a green 1. Get to system info (power off, channel up on front of receiver), press SAT and then record a couple times. The remote (ideally) should work the receiver now.

At TV1, if you press menu-6-1-5, this will tell you what channel the setting is on. If it is not working, try changing the mode from cable to air, or vice versa

I have one remote with the Green # 1 on it. I purchased a 2nd replacement report, Blue # 2 with UHF on it.

How do i get this added to the receiver.

Also - I have the Splitter with the two outputs to sat 1 in and sat 2 in and shows up under check switch. to get the 2nd feed to another room, the coax runs from the home distribution port on back to the other tv and will be on channel 70 or so once i get the UHF setup?
You can't use the separator with a 311 it only works with a dual tuner receiver.

The receiver is a 311K
The K is an important part. The 311K is a bastardized 322. The dual tuner has been eliminated and only functions as a single tuner thus the 311 designation. I have never seen one and can only go by Scott's post on a new receiver, second output port is supposed to be deactivated so I don't know how much of what you bought really works.

DOH! I thought it was a 322 :eek::eek:

*edit* Wait a second... 311s don't have a Home Distribution port

MattG can you Jump back in and clarify the limitations of a 311K, I did a google search and came up with a post by Scott that this was a 322 remanufactured into a single tuner. From this consumers post a lot of the 322 seems to be left on the box but how much is functional that Scott indicated has been dropped.

MattG can you Jump back in and clarify the limitations of a 311K, I did a google search and came up with a post by Scott that this was a 322 remanufactured into a single tuner. From this consumers post a lot of the 322 seems to be left on the box but how much is functional that Scott indicated has been dropped.

My understanding is the Home Distribution port on the 311k is disabled since it's only designed to operate 1 TV.

If the OP is able to access and enable the modulator setup (normally menu-6-1-5), he may be able to use this port, but I don't believe this option is available in the menus

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts