32.0 uhf 2G remote with Bell compatibility

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

smokemaker

Original poster
Nov 19, 2010
PA
does anyone know if the 32.0 remote control from dish network with work with Bell? which bell receivers run on UHF 2G?

does it control the new 9500? is there an equivalent Bell receiver that is the same as the Dish 922 receiver?

IIRC, the Model 32 was the last of the ViP series RF remotes. Later RF remotes (model 40 and greater?) were all Hopper RF which is a different scheme from ViP series RF.

My guess would be that the 9500 is equivalent to a Hopper Duo (two satellite tuners) because it can serve up a client box but I have no hard facts. I suppose the ViP922 could Sling but they weren't used with client boxes in the US.

Thank you harshness

I am guessing the 9500 is the same as the hopper and 7500 is the Joey.
Bell even uses the same hybrid nodes as dish does for hopper and joey.

But my understanding is that older remotes such as 20.1 and 32.0 will work with the hopper, do they not?

But my understanding is that older remotes such as 20.1 and 32.0 will work with the hopper, do they not?
The "legacy RF" remotes such as the 32.n do NOT work in RF mode with the Hopper/Joey. They use a radio frequency between 370 and 390MHZ. The Hoppers use a different radio frequency (UHF 2G -- 2.4GHz range).

But the 32.0 remote is 2G UHF
I see the 32.0 was introduced with the ViP922 that was indeed UHF 2G. I stand corrected. I direct you to this post from Scott:

This could weigh heavily as the Hopper Duo is DISH's most recent receiver. Keep reading though as there are reports that the information may not be entirely accurate with respect to the Hopper w/Sling but the warning about the TI RF4CE chip shouldn't be ignored since that should be in play here.

What remote did your 9500 come with and why are you so enchanted by the 32.0?

There is mix input on the 32.0 remotes, many people seem to be using them with hopper, and some day they are not compatible.
The Bev 9500 comes with a fibe remote that looks nothing like the dish remotes.
All other Bev remotes used to look like Dish.
But I'm pretty sure the 9500 is a hopper but not sure which model or remote is compatible with them

It looks like you would probably be best served to use a DISH 40.0 or later given the uncertainty raised about the 32.0. The 40.0 was the remote that was released with the Hopper.

The idea that the 9500 is a Hopper Duo (two satellite tuners, up to one client) seems a safe bet as it assumes later chips than the ViP922.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts