32 & 64 APSK

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
brentb636 said:
Upgraded my desktop about 3 months ago to a new level of performance, it can handle HD streaming and about everything else at the same time, Tony. :)

Is this custom built or you bought it already configured. How much did this monster set you back?

Is this custom built or you bought it already configured. How much did this monster set you back?

This is a home built box. I swapped out the motherboard, cpu, 8GB RAM and power supply for about $600. :)
Gigabyte 990FXXA-UD5 mobo
AMD Phenom II Black Edition cpu ( 6 cores) 3.3-3.7 Ghz ( plus overclocking)

brentb636 said:
This is a home built box. I swapped out the motherboard, cpu, 8GB RAM and power supply for about $600. :)
Gigabyte 990FXXA-UD5 mobo
AMD Phenom II Black Edition cpu ( 6 cores) 3.3-3.7 Ghz ( plus overclocking)

Thanks, Brentb636 for the info. I may go this route too. What type and voltage of power supply did you buy? What kind of case do you have to house all the pc parts?

My PS is Antec HCP-850 . The case is an 18 year old LARGE tower, ATX full mobo compatible. The case has seen a lot of components inside, over time. Originally it came from JDR Microdevices, in CA.
:)

wish i had some of the cases i had over the years working for a school in kc. didn't think to save any of them at the time. i did save all the hard drives. the best magnets i have came from a server drive. they are about half an inch thick and will pick up a sledge hammer or two... the small ones work well on the work bench to hold tools until i need them. charlie

My PS is Antec HCP-850 . The case is an 18 year old LARGE tower, ATX full mobo compatible. The case has seen a lot of components inside, over time. Originally it came from JDR Microdevices, in CA.
:)
LOL @ Red highlighted! I have one of those, and like yours it has seen a lot of upgrades too! I think, I may have derailed this thread enough, I will contact you privately if I need more info! Thanks a lot for all your help! :D

Have something similar. Right now it has an ASUS M3A78-CM mobo w/ an AMD 2.2Gb quad core. About to go to 8 Gb mem and upgrade my Win 7 pro 32 bit to 63 bit. Have an FTA card haven't hooked up yet as well as Pinnacle card for local cable and a MyHD TV card for OTA. I don't know how old the case is as I got it from my bro that pulled it from his previous employer's service as a server but it originally (post server) ran W ME then went to 2k and is on it's 2nd mobo since I've had it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)