[CNX] Noob with a Duo, 32"w oval DirecTV dish, MK1-PLL, RG6

That looks about right enough to get a Q Quality) reading, except skew maybe, once you have a Q reading, you can fine tune things. You will have to skew the lnbf for whatever satellite you're aiming for, which is just rotating the lnbf in its holder a certain degree. You can find out the skew setting on dishpointer.com. Skew is very important on small non-motorized dishes, if it's not set close to what it should be, you'll usually get nothing.

Once you get some sort of reading for Q, try fine tuning the skew and slowly moving the lnbf foward and back in its holder to get a better reading.

Your dish should have three bolts on the back of it that can be loosened and then the whole reflector rotates for skew adjustment, but it seems in my experience that I can get better signal by skewing the Lnbf. If you skew the lnbf, set the dish skew to 0 (think that's 90 degrees on the scale) if you set the skew by rotating the dish, then set the lnbf for 0 skew. I hope that makes sense to you, I'm not the best at explaining things. :)

Reactions: N6ATF
N6ATF, I used slimline dish before as my first dish that receive FTA on. I used a DN superdish lnb match up perfect. I just matched up the angle of the slimline lnb to the superdish lnb and kept the dish level. When using an FTA lnb you would need to skew it to match the correct satellite location. Jholt this one is for you also ---> Redirect Notice thought this might help you guys out.

N6ATF, I used slimline dish before as my first dish that receive FTA on. I used a DN superdish lnb match up perfect. I just matched up the angle of the slimline lnb to the superdish lnb and kept the dish level. When using an FTA lnb you would need to skew it to match the correct satellite location. Jholt this one is for you also ---> Redirect Notice thought this might help you guys out.

Always looking for to get the extra little bit. I've found except for NBC on 103W skew has been pretty forgiving. I got my second Slimline mounted to the seat of a old wooden chair. Can't wait my replacement receiver arrives today.

Still wondering: a 21V power inserter is listed as required for the future SDR. Did I need it for FTA too? 13/18V 500mA max is what the Duo supplies.

What SDR are you going to use and what are you going to do with it? I'm confused about the whole 21V thing... The LNBF switches between horizontal and vertical depending on whether it's getting 13V or 18V. I don't remember which is which, but if you give it 21V, assuming that it can even handle that, it's going to only pick up whichever polarity is selected by 18V.

Its kinda secret squirrel, but I may have given enough away already for some to figure out what it is.

The Duo can receive FTA DVBS MPEG2.
Is there any reason why a CNX Duo with perfectly-aimed dish & LNB outside wouldn't be able to receive this, the only MP2 channel on G18?
Screen Shot 2017-09-17 at 16.27.04.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts