32" Sylvannia LCD remote codes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

davemich

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 8, 2006
SW Lower Michigan
I do not have the model number of this TV but does anyone know if D* has remote codes for this relatively new TV? Thanks in advance.

Sorry but you're out of luck, NO preprogrammed remote, universal or oem, has preset code for the cyurrent Sylvanias. This goes for aftemarket universals too.

You would have to get an aftermarket learning remote, use the sylvania tv remote to teach the commands to the universal.

Sorry but you're out of luck, NO preprogrammed remote, universal or oem, has preset code for the cyurrent Sylvanias. This goes for aftemarket universals too.

Well since you ARE a remote expert, I know it must be true - but WOW, it's still pretty hard to believe this for a relatively common TV brand. Not to mention, even though Sylvania's have been made by different manufacturers, they've been made by Funai for at least the past few years. :eek: :eek:

Do you know any particular reason why NO preprogrammed remotes have these codes? IIRC, these Sylvania LCD's themselves have been made for at least 2-3+ years that I can recall.

But thank you much for the info - at least know I know NOT to waste all my time trying to prog DBS remotes for these fricken TV's...

You could also manually scroll through the codes with the code 991. That's how I got my Olevia TVs to work.

anybody know the codes for a Cody LCD ? Got a couple for my kids rooms and Directv told me they dont have codes ? A pain in the ass for my kids to use two remotes.

You also could try not buying any "el-cheapo" TV's. Major brands only cost a few $$ more. Make the investment!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)