322 problem

joewho

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 23, 2005
chicago
Hi all,

Latest fiasco wound up in a room mate disconnecting the 322 to stop the other room mate from getting tv. (he could have just taken off the antenna).
Anyway, it's my account, and after those two sorted things out, the 322 was re-connected and now is doesn't work.

TV1 screen only shows "press select to continue" and that's it. This box gave some problems when first connected and then again when they came to move the dish. It would stick at the "acquiring signal" screen and took serveral re-sets to finally get going.

The one room mate called in and went through tech support. They told him the receiver is bad and a new one is being sent. I do know that when it was disconnected that it wasn't abused, but it did not sit for 2 minutes. The guy unplugged everything and picked it up immediately.

Bottom line is that they said there will be no charge if there is no physical damage. Could that disconnect be called physical damage? Would handling it too soon damage the HD to the point that I have to pay for it and remove the other units in the house?
Thanks
Tim

The 322 doesn't have a hard drive, but to answer the question......any damage that resulted from simply unplugging it would not be considered customer damage, so the warranty should be fine. Usually if the 1st tv is stuck on the screen saver a fpreset will fix it, if not you may try changing the remote address. In the case that that works you can simply refuse shipment when you get the new reciever and not even worry about being charged, just PM me if you have any more questions.

PM sent. I don't know what a fpreset is, but we did reset it several times.
As far as the remote, it did turn on the power, but that's all.

Fpreset=frontpanel reset simply hold down the power button on the front of the reciever for 10 seconds.
To change the reomte address do the following. hold in the sat button on the reomte until all the lights come on the top of the remote. the press in any number between 2 and 15. then Press pound (#). The Sat button should flash 3 times. After this is done, simply press the power button on the front of the box to turn the reciver off, then press the up button, this will bring you to the sys info screen. just press record, your primary remote address should change. The 14.95 does sound right....if you have the credit card auto pay, you can get that waived, hope this helps ya.....

TJ,

Yes, that's the same reset I did. Hold the button for 10 seconds.
Also, just tried the remote address change, several times, exactly as you outlined. Turning off the power, etc.

Still just a screen that says "press select to continue". At least it confirms that the box isn't working. New one will be here in a couple more days.

Thanks for your info. I'll post the outcome when the new box arrives.

Thanks also for confirming the 14.95.

Tim

new 322, still down

Got the 322 today, tried to install it, failed. Called tech support and was told to wait til I can get the tv2 remote. Guy comes home gets tv2 remote and turns it off, so tv1 can work. TV1 remote doesn't work. TV2 operates the box now and tv1 will only do power on/off. So some more jostling around and nothing changes. The box can't get a signal and the bottom line error is about the switch or a connection. Changed the rg6's from sat 1/2 to sat 2/1 etc. It all works the same, tv2 operates the main box (tv1) and physical tv2 has no signal.
TV 1 using tv1 remote after fpreset (heh, that means front panel ;), still has the "to continue press select" screen that was there in the first place.

Checked all the physical lines and connections from sats to switch and tv's. Everything looks good. So, now another 3 days down til an installer can get here. We have the regular dish as well as local station dish. This problem is only on the 322.
The 510 which runs to the same switch (Box under the deck) works just fine.

See if you can look in your Dish manual and see the part that tells you how to address your remotes so each remote has a different code. Do what it tells you and you should be able to address each remote to control the receiver. Make sure you have your uhf antenna for remote control plugged into your receiver. If nothing else call 1-800-333- dish and talk to the tech department. They might be able to walk you through. If they determine there is a problem they can't solve, they will issue a replacement receiver: IF you are still in warrenty ,under one year . If not then add the dish home protection warrenty for $ 5.99 and they will still give you a replacement. When you have a new receiver you can drop the warrenty again till you need it the next time.

Well, the installer just left. I don't know exactly what happened. First thing he did was change ports on the switch. Then he called in to activate the new 322. Everything works fine now.

But, that's not what he wrote on the ticket. On the ticket he wrote that he programmed the remote and changed the sat. 1/2 cables around. I know the cables were backwards because we switched them during trouble shooting.

And the tv2 cable was loose because the first installer didn't criimp it. This installer said that would cause the problem too, but it always worked before.

I'm just worried that I'll get charged because of what he wrote on the ticket. I didn't sign it, one of the room mates did. But at least everthing works now, so that's a good thing.

Thanks for the replies.
Tim

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)