322 receiver + 119 craziness.. .

OoTLink

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2005
Okay, this is odd, but ever since the most recent firmware update, weird things have been happening, here goes:

It started with our 322 downstairs freaking out. 2-3 times a night it'd pull a "TV2 is doing a check switch" sorta thing when nobody was using TV2. Checking the sysinfo screen resulted in "Tuner 1 has lost signal" or something of that sort, so I swapped the box for the one I had upstairs, problems disappeared after a few bits of checking the switch and resetting the box.

Now, Box 2 (which was upstairs originally) is downstairs, it has no problems with the tuners but every now and then, and this I mean several times a day as well -- 119 drops out... checking both box 1 (upstairs), and box 2 (downstairs), there's a bit of fluctuation with 119's signal -- I saw it go from 76 to 90! O_O

Ironically, box 2 dropped out when there was a quick gust of wind, so I thought the LNB might be loose (the dish isn't), yet checking that, it's just as stiff as our 148's LNB, and you'd think 110 would have dropped out too, which it did not. I've checked switch many times and there's no problems with either box, just the 119 oddity. There shouldn't be an LOS issue because there's no trees in the way *nod*

About the only thing I can think is the 119 half of the LNB is malfunctioning and needs to be replaced. We had this stuff installed in November, so it should be 'under warranty' if there is one, should we call the place that installed it? Would they charge anything to swap the LNB? Just curious :)

I'd call the place that installed it. I've heard Dish was having trouble with software and downloads when using the DishProPlus equipment. Do you have the DPP equipment with your system?? One other thing, was your 148 dish installed the same time your 500 dish was??

Yep. In fact, both the 119/110 and 148 are 500s, though the 148 is simply a 500 with a DP dual on it (i bracket too!). As said, no LoS problem (there really aren't any trees in the view)

I would call the company that installed it. Id the signal level is flunctuating like you said and doing it on both recieversI would guess that the LNB is bad, though there is also the possibility that they may have gotten a bad batch of dyplexers, ground blocks or anything else. But from what you are saying there are too many possibilities. I was told that with the new DPP equipment when sighting in the 119 you need to have an LNB conntected to the wing port or the recievers will not download properly and eventaully drop out. I have not had any customers call me on this though.

wobbie said:
... I was told that with the new DPP equipment when sighting in the 119 you need to have an LNB conntected to the wing port or the recievers will not download properly and eventaully drop out. ...
I've NEVER heard of anything like this. I wouldn't put much credence in it.

There are a few other somewhat rare issues with "pre-heating" un-activated receivers, but nothing like this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)