360 Blu Ray!!!!

If there were an Integrated BD player in a 360, then I suppose the Xbox 540 (3) is not far away now.
I don't think Microsoft can offer an Integrated BD player anytime soon for a reasonable price.

I'm okay with the 360 getting an add-on player, in fact, I'd probably buy one, but I'll be a little pee'd off if it's integrated since I just bought my 360 in Jan.

engadgethd.com is reporting shipping in september...

From the couple of sentences that I read from the site above, it sure sounds like the drive will be included in the 360 and not an add on. I am hoping they are dead wrong on that one. Information is scarce it seems, but I am going to be very upset if they don't make it available as an add on for everyone. By sept the price of the Blu-Ray players are going to drop. This will be interesting. Why would any current owner spend their money on a new 360 when they have one already? At that point I would either buy a stand alone or a PS3. Cost of a 360 right now is pretty high and I would think that they would have to add about $150 to the current price.

One thing to keep in mind, for those wanting an integrated BR player on the 360. Using GTA IV as an example, doesn't PS3 require a 3GB install the HDD? That's because BR has slower read access? The 20GB 360s are going to fill up fast. Who wants another device w/ a power brick? I don't. But M$ may not have a choice. Unless they make the 120GB version standard.

One thing to keep in mind, for those wanting an integrated BR player on the 360. Using GTA IV as an example, doesn't PS3 require a 3GB install the HDD? That's because BR has slower read access? The 20GB 360s are going to fill up fast. Who wants another device w/ a power brick? I don't. But M$ may not have a choice. Unless they make the 120GB version standard.

Just because it HAS a BR player does not mean they have to put games on a BR disk... I would assume that they would still put games on DVD.

Microsoft once again denies this. Link
"As we have stated, we have no plans to introduce a Blu-ray drive for Xbox 360," a Microsoft official said, "Games are what drive consumers to purchase game consoles, and we remain focused on providing the largest library of blockbuster games available."

(of course since the source is GamePro - with the story picked up on both engadget and tvpredictions, take the denial with a grain of salt)

Been a rumor with legs since April fools day. :D

MS denied the 360 elite for months as well so *shrug*.

Unique Rock Band Singing Question

My SECOND Xbox 360 died...Dammit!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)