Unique Rock Band Singing Question

yourbeliefs

Something Profound
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 20, 2007
Northeast
I have RB, and I am DYING to get into the World Tour mode. Unfortunately the only person who wants to get into the game is my new GF, who said she has interest in doing the singing part. A potential issue I see is that she is Chinese, and she still has quite a heavy accent, as she's been here for less than 3 years. Also, she has some issues with word pronunciation, although they are very few. I heard of some issues where people with accents have problems with RB properly scoring their vocal performances. Can anyone attest to this? Is this a major issue to where I should train her in the guitar, or is this something minor?

On a related topic, in World Tour does everyone need to be the same difficulty? I play the guitar on Hard, and I don't see putting her on Hard anything, regardless of the instrument. It took me almost a year to get to Hard ability, and I'm not waiting that long for her. :p

singing is about tone and pitch, not getting the words right... and you can play on any difficulty you both want until you get into the later levels of the world tour, then you cant 'progress' further on the tour (you stop gaining fans, which are a pre-req for gigs)

To the voice question......it's not so much pronunciation as it is tone/pitch.......I mean she could stand there and hum there correct tone/pitch and never say a word and score 100% flawless...That being said....it's pretty hard on certain levels.....My brother sings regularly at karaoke nights and stuff and he has a really hard time on hard and expert...and sometimes ends up just humming the tone/pitch to get through the song......

World Tour mode does not require you to play the same difficulty....however if you plan to play with others online "player match" then if you are not at least hard or expert most people do not want to play with you....Don't ask me why.....

From what I've seen, vocals on easy and medium are pretty much a cake walk for anyone. The difficulty seems to ramp up pretty good on hard though.

With world tour, the other replies pretty much cover it. You can each play on a different difficulty, but eventually the person on the lower difficulty will have to move up in order for the band to keep earning fans.

Note that beating world tour (getting into the hall of fame) isn't based on number of fans though, it's based on the number of stars you have, so you don't have to be playing on expert to get into the hall of fame. More fans just unlocks new gigs and the bigger arenas.

I agree with the tone/pitch replies. My 6 year old daughter can't even read the works coming along that fast but as long as she is humming it correctly she will get 90% scores.

I agree with the tone/pitch replies. My 6 year old daughter can't even read the works coming along that fast but as long as she is humming it correctly she will get 90% scores.
Seems like a bit of a weak system if all you need to do is hum or get the basic pitch right. But then again, getting real voice pronunciation and recognition to work would likely drive a programmer to want to jump out a window in frustration. However it is re-assuring to know that it doesn't require in depth knowledge of how the song works. I may try this out soon (when no one is home of course.)

In my personal experience, when you get four people in a room playing this game, no one will just hum to get a good score. If you're playing the game and having a good time, you're going to try and sing the song properly. I'm no singer by any means, but any time I take up the mic, I always try to have a good time and if I don't score 100%, it's no big deal as long as everyone else in the band rocked out and enjoyed playing the song.

I guess I'm basically saying that you have a choice. You can have a good time and play the game and have fun with it and actually try and sing the lyrics or you can just hum and try to get through it with the best score you can possibly get. To me you're wasting your time and your friends time if you take the second option.

My daughter of course plays on easy mode, but I doubt one would have that simple of a time humming the lyrics and acquiring a good score on the more difficult levels. To me I think its great if she can participate at her age. I just recently picked up the extra guitar over the weekend and now all four of us (wife and two kids) are living up the rock star lifestyle. Its a great family bonding tool if nothing else.

My daughter of course plays on easy mode, but I doubt one would have that simple of a time humming the lyrics and acquiring a good score on the more difficult levels. To me I think its great if she can participate at her age. I just recently picked up the extra guitar over the weekend and now all four of us (wife and two kids) are living up the rock star lifestyle. Its a great family bonding tool if nothing else.
You could name yourselves, "The Partridge Family That Doesn't Suck." :p

Ok so we tried out the guitar and singing and it seemed to go well. Once she learns the songs better I predict great things (or at the very least more achievement points for myself.) How long is the World Tour mode? I hear it is very long and can be monotonous, and I'm curious since we don't get to see each other a great deal how long we'll be in that mode.

It's not terribly long. At least, I didn't think it was. I'm not sure how many stars you have to have to open up the Hall of Fame show, but you could probably do a google search and find out real quick. If you're getting 4 or 5 stars each song, it won't take long.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)