39 hd channels by when?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

neo0285

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2004
How many hd channels by 2/29/04??

The reference to 39 hd channels by 2/29/04 has been taken down everywhere, now it states over 30 hd channels, which is what we have right now, in my opinion dont expect any new hd channels soon. The only thing we might get is braho hd, ppv and of course encore when it comes online, I dont think espn hd and inhd is going to show up on VOOM for some time. JUst my .02 cents, i really hope voom proves me wrong but i doubt it

update!! straight from VOOM website:
VOOM is the first and most complete provider of high definition programming for the rapidly expanding home entertainment market. Starting at $39.90 per month, VOOM offers up to 39 premium high definition channels (as of 6/1/04) to consumers across the continental United States, including 21 brand-new, exclusive, commercial-free HD channels delivering hundreds of hours of movies, sports, music and more every day.

neo0285 said:
update!! straight from VOOM website:
VOOM is the first and most complete provider of high definition programming for the rapidly expanding home entertainment market. Starting at $39.90 per month, VOOM offers up to 39 premium high definition channels (as of 6/1/04) to consumers across the continental United States, including 21 brand-new, exclusive, commercial-free HD channels delivering hundreds of hours of movies, sports, music and more every day.

Ay yae yae!

technically we will be getting voom programming for free, thanx to the $300 back toward programming, so voom really killed 2 birds with one stone, they somewhat satisfied early adopters with the money back and they can also claim that you are getting free programming with your refund. I almost forgot VOOM was owned by Cablevision, but my memory was clearly refreshed .

Yeah, well they might can have my $300 back over time because of the delays in programming from what was first advertised, and I might not even squawk too hard over that IF ... they extend the money back option date. Otherwise, I'm on the edge, and might just "tip over" to pulling the plug at our current "only one month" extended date. I know that's a risk for them, but then, they are getting back $100 per month for a while for programming (or has that been officially lowered yet?).

What did you expect???

What did you expect? Voom has NOT held any of their previous
promises, so why should they NOW! I feel they are guilty of false
advertising on their website now and in the past and of un-ethical
sales practices.

I will say good-bye to Voom before the free period ends. They
have a good idea and are putting pressure on D* & E* for more HD
content, but I for one will not pay $800.00 for my Voom system when
I know that some people one mile north of me (MN) paid $400 (I live
in IA). I only paid $300 for my DirecTv HD Hughes E86 STB a year ago
that does the same thing, but only better and quicker!

Also, I will not pay $200 for extra receivers (I have 3 total, 1 HD
and 2 SD) when the competition gives them away for little or no
money. My total investment with Voom would be $1,200 and I would
not be able to use my beloved TIVO which is a must with my wife and
I.

Yes, I know Voom recently issued a $300 credit to us early adapters,
but the same credit went to ALL early adapters according to their
website, including those who paid half price for their system in
the "select 10 states". This is poor PR in my opinion!!!

It's time for me to order the DirecTv/TIVO HD PVR for close to what
I paid for this system (without TIVO) and wait just like I have with
Voom for more HD content with D*. Also, I will enjoy ALL the SD
channels that Voom doesn't offer (RE: HGTV, etc...)!

Voom, sh*t or Get Off The Pot!!! :mad:

I might be wrong. But the way I read it was that the $300(Also free FULL, programming) was going to those who paid the full initial price of $750-800. A clarification from Voom would be nice.

-Chris

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)