3ABN Dish size?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
exactly ?

Not exactly identical.
See picture of the SatAV dish here.
It's got LNB side support arms, but the central LNB arm goes around behind the dish to the mount.

The 3ABN dish has LNB side support arms which also attach to the sides of the dish.
Difference is, the central LNB arm also attaches to the lower edge of the dish.

I know Sadoun has changed his dishes lately...
They are Fortec Star 80 and 90cm (as well as larger ones)
I believe the only change is away from the stark white to a darker color.

As to whether any of the above matters . . . well, I'll leave that up to you to decide... ;)

Oh, and I believe all have additional support struts to secure the short mast they give you to put the dish on.
My 3ABN and Fortec Star certainly do, and the SatAV pictures above show those struts as well.

The reflectors are identical (with the exception of the darker coating on the SatelliteAV dish), but the associated hardware varies between the two. The version 3ABN sells mounts the entire LNBF feed support structure directly onto the reflector, as Anole said. The SatelliteAV version comes with a bubble level for the mounting pole. Have installed both versions, and both perform very well and are solidly built.

Aready have a Invacom QPH-031, Rec and SG-2100. Just trying to figure out what my best Dish option is.

This Dish has some nice features any better dishs I'm missing before i go ahead and order it ?

I have both the Geosatpro 90 and the 3ABN, there is one other difference not mentioned here. The 3ABN is heavier. I noticed it when I was taking down my Geosat and putting up the 3ABN I could tell just by handling them, so I weighed just the pans, Geosat just slightly over 8lbs, 3ABN just over 10lbs. Other than that they appear identical...except for the color as mentioned before.

Starman -

I was under the impression that the latest shipments from both used the same actual dish/pan (maybe I'm wrong).
So, I would ask: how old is your GeosatPro dish?
I seem to recall SatAV commenting recently that his dishes were upgraded.

Starman -

I was under the impression that the latest shipments from both used the same actual dish/pan (maybe I'm wrong).
So, I would ask: how old is your GeosatPro dish?
I seem to recall SatAV commenting recently that his dishes were upgraded.

That could be the case. Mine is about 1.5, 2 years old. There is no mistake that the two dishes I have are different, the 3ABN is much stiffer, I suspect it is made of different or thicker metal....scales don't lie.

According to our factory representative GEOSATpro 90cm and 3ABN reflectors are the identical metal gauge.

I am unsure if 3ABN used a heavier gauge in the past, but GEOSATpro 90 CM has always used the same gauge. We upgraded to a heavier textured poly coating and away from the cream colored paint several years ago, but that has been the only change to the reflector.

We stand corrected......

Did additional verification with our factory rep. and found that some of the 3ABN dishes were a slightly thicker gauge of 0.9T.

No distinguishing labeling on the packaging or model numbers......

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts