3ABN now available to both Dish Network subs and Sky Angel subs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
3ABN told me that the reason they went off Sky Angel is that the satellite they were on blew up but they will be back on by the end of this month

the satellite didn't blow up. Part of the transponder on the satellite (there are 32 of them) had a failure. Since SA only uses 2 TP's, if part goes down they really had no where to put 3ABN. Now its on a Dish TP :)

After all this time I still haven't seen any kind of technical explanation about how "part" of a transponder can fail.

It seems that if the agreement states that E* provides SA with 2 transponders and they only provide 1.75 transponders, E* should have moved SA content from the partial transponder to a fully working one.

I am pretty sure it was an encoder issue. My guess is that a transponder failed but when they switched a spare on there was a problem with the encoder. Dish wasn't about to replace or buy Sky Angel a new encoder so they were stuck with one that couldn't handle as many channels. But that is just a guess. :)

See ya
Tony

OK Tony, inquiring minds want to know. How much is a new encoder? And (not a q for you) why hasn't SA bought themselves one of these rather than their new control center in TN?

I never knew the details but it seems to me that I read somewhere that SA leases some unused channels to Dish. Seems a little strange under the present circumstances, if true.

Sky Angel owns 8 transponders at 61.5 but that's all they have. Obviously to get off the ground they needed a uplink and equipment. So they cut a deal with Dish

Dish gets use of 6 TP and Sky Angel gets the equippment from dish and Dish will uplink the channels. Now why Dish disn't move all the channels off one transponder to another and have Dish use it or "park" it since Dish cannot use all active TP's on Echo 3.

Isn't the transponder failure power level related? I thought that the problematic transponder was only able to broadcast at a lower power due to a technical failure, which resulted in SA* being forced to drop a few channels in order to increase FEC level on said transponder. E* reviewed the agreement with SA* and concluded that as long as E* provided a transponder, that E* was not at fault for a reduced power level requiring increased FEC and lower available bandwidth for programming as a result.

{Iceberg} you sound like a know it all to me, 3ABN told me the satelliite blew up. Did you ask them why they got off SKY ANGEL. You have nothing good to say about SKY ANGEL are you a CHRISTIAN, and do you have SKY ANGEL. I LOVE SKY ANGEL and so does my family I even started selling it. I'll pray for you.

If the Satellite blew up you would not be able to watch Sky Angel. Iceberg is 100% correct when he said the satellite did not blow up. If someone at 3ABN said it did they were mistaken.

I'm a Seventh Day Adventist and I watch 3ABN a lot on FTA. I had Sky Angel also but canceled my subscription when 3ABN's transponder malfunctioned and they were not able to fix it.

So lay off Iceberg... he does know what he is talking about.

{Iceberg} you sound like a know it all to me, 3ABN told me the satelliite blew up. Did you ask them why they got off SKY ANGEL. You have nothing good to say about SKY ANGEL are you a CHRISTIAN, and do you have SKY ANGEL. I LOVE SKY ANGEL and so does my family I even started selling it. I'll pray for you.

Christian? Can't recommend SA anymore

I feel the opposite, as a Christian I can no longer recommend , pass out brochures, (or sell) sky angel. They are not providing the service they promised eg 32 FAITH based channels, in fact not even 32 channels at all. I pray they will once again become the ministry they once were but for now I have to honestly tell people to look into Glory star.

Remember that may times the people working in the 3ABN call center are volunteers.

This is a direct copied quote from the 3ABN website.

"Notice to our 3ABN Sky Angel Viewers.

Since April 14th, 2006, 3ABN has not been available on the Sky Angel system due to the sudden loss of a transponder on the EchoStar III satellite. This is unfortunately beyond our control and we truly apologize for the inconvenience to our Sky Angel viewers. If you would like to continue watching 3ABN, we are currently offering you our own 3ABN satellite system $199.00. If you want to purchase one, please click here. "

If 3ABN ends up back on the same transponder that they were on I think we would need further info to decide whether the problem was at Sky Angel, or Dish Networks end.

3ABN is on TP10 on Echostar 3 at 61.5W with channel #9710, the same channel number it had on Sky Angel. I must say that Sky Angel programming has lost the Christian sting it used to have.

What's there to watch as a Christian? The Kids & Teen TV is OK, TBN, Safe TV, Fox News ... what else? Glorystar offers over 40 channels including 3ABN, Hope Channel, TBN and others and in given time, I believe people who want true Christian will go ahead and purchase Glorystar and its FREE (just the cost of the equipment).

Skyangel will someday realised that Glorystar programming can affect their revenue. Plus a new Christian Music and Apostolic channel was added to AMC4. Other interested channels are coming to both AMC4 and IA5 (Galaxy 25) and this is a dangerous sign to Skyangel programming.

People will just go for the free stuff which will cost them a couple hundred bucks up front and forget about the monthly subscription.

I can't see channel 9710 yet. Will it show up automatically or do I have to do something manually?

The latest word is - it will be up in a week or two. End of May first of June.
Bob

3ABN is back on SKYANGEL right now on 9710. GaryZ you said you canceled SKY ANGEL to bad for you .

CORRECTION___ 3ABN is on DISH NETWORK right now. It was just turned on for DISH NETWORK subscribers on channel 9710. Sky Angel subscribers MAY have to call Dish 800-333-3474 to have it turned on for free.

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)