3ABN now available to both Dish Network subs and Sky Angel subs

Anyone have a dish at 61.5 west that is a regular DISH sub getting 9710?
That would be me. I subscribe to AT250 + locals (at the moment). So I did nothing to receive this channel, and it shows up on 9710. That's the only 9700 channel number I can "see".

Channel 101 still shows up on blue card receivers so I guess it's possible. I have a couple I'll try out tonite.

Pepper
The FTA channels (101, 103, NASA, Angel One on 119) show up on a blue card receiver. I have an old Dish5000 box set up for Nasa :)
The ones that are "fixed open" that unsubscribed Dish boxes can get like CCTV9 need the yellow card.

maybe not unactivated but it sounds like a previously activated receiver. There is a difference. Unactivated means never been in the stream. Previously activated means the customer disconnected the receiver and it still gets some channels.

Will have to try my "deactivated" (acct on Dish Pause) 811 :)

Pepper
The FTA channels (101, 103, NASA, Angel One on 119) show up on a blue card receiver. I have an old Dish5000 box set up for Nasa :)
The ones that are "fixed open" that unsubscribed Dish boxes can get like CCTV9 need the yellow card.
Yeah, I know some show up and others need the new card, just not sure which of these applies in this case.

I was definitely talking about a previously subscribed but deactivated box. I don't know if "anything" shows up on a truly new never activated box. The last one of those I saw complained about needing to be authorized, I don't remember if it got anything or not before I activated it but I think it only would show the error message.

Anyone have a dish at 61.5 west that is a regular DISH sub getting 9710? This channel fits nicely in the Sky Angel range of channels, but would look out of place if a DISH only sub.

Anyone have this channel without a Sky Angel sub? Any 129 subs getting without calling DISH?

I am looking at the 61.5 west bird with a dishnet receiver activated under Sky Angel and 3ABN is back on 9710. Spirit Music seems to be back now also, not just at nights.

From the latest SkyAngel e-News:

3ABN becomes available again to Sky Angel subscribers
3ABN (Three Angels Broadcasting Network) is available again to Sky Angel subscribers. 3ABN is a DISHTM Network public interest channel and is not part of Sky Angel's regular programming but is being made available free to Sky Angel subscribers. Sky Angel subscribers can view 3ABN on Channel 9710.

Red

I have sky angel only, 1 receiver, no DISH network and I have been receiving 3ABN for about a week on channel 9710. I didn't request it, don't hae the PI channels but am happy its back

Hey Iceberg, et al, could you give me some pointers on how to hook up a dish 721 receiver? Is it compatible with a sw 21 switch? Is it compatible with a lnbf that is not dishpro? thanks,

Darryl aka Kountzer

Yes a 721 will work fine with legacy switches. I had a 721 hooked up to an SW64.

The only trick is you must have EXACTLY the same hook-up for both tuners otherwise it will not work.

This means if you have an SW21 with 110/119 on tuner 1, then you must have the same thing for tuner 2. No, you can't split the cable or use a "separator" on legacy LNBs & swithes.

See ya
Tony

Tony, I have the dish 500 with 119 and 110, and I have sky angel on sat 61.5. If I am following you right, I can get an sw64 switch, which I think will allow me to feed the three lines in from the satellite dishes into the switch, and and have two lines leaving out of the switch going to the two tuners on the 721 receiver. Does that sound right? Thanks in advance,

Darryl in Houston

That is the way I had mine hooked up.

Three legacy dual LNBs hooked up to an SW64. This is SIX lines from the satellite dishes to the switch and 4 out. I had Ports 1 and 4 running to the 721 (now they are hooked up to a 622). The other two ports are hooked up to my two other receivers in the house (501 and 1000). Worked great and still does.

If you are using DishPro LNBs you would run three lines to a DP34 (DishPro 34 switch--3 DP LNBs in to 4 outputs) instead of an SW64. The "SW" switches are strictly for legacy LNBs.

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)