3D channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bmacj88

Original poster
Dec 28, 2013
Brimfield, OH
Does anyone know if there are any plans for additional 3D channels on DirecTV?
I just bought a new TV yesterday and didn't realize that ESPN3D was no longer part of the channel lineup until I was trying out the 3D on it. Looks like all that is available right now is 3net, which doesn't really have much to offer unless you are trying to run a demo of 3D in a retail store, and the occasional On Demand movies.
With 3D being almost standard on most new TV's, I would think that there should at least be something in the works.

I hear all the time that it is something that DirecTV wants to do and push, but broadcast providers don't want to deal with.

At this time it appears broadcast 3D is near dead. Best bet to watch 3D is blu-ray movies.

Broadcast 3D is dying, ESPN shut their channel down, and there was another that DirecTV dropped (or it shut down too), all that is left is 3net and PPV.

3D is likely going to be limited to PPV movies or blu-ray or streaming like Netflix if they adapt 3D. Content was very limited, which limited popularity.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts