No cbs hd.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

teneightyp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 16, 2008
Duluth, MN
Over the past couple weeks I've noticed that CBS is not in hd. The other locals are in hd. Anyone know why?

What city are you in? All I am saying is Minnesota's CBS local WCCO is in HD. Your local may have renegotiate with Directv not to include HD.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Over the past couple weeks I've noticed that CBS is not in hd. The other locals are in hd. Anyone know why?

Sound like it's a local issue.

I would call the local station and ask to speak to the Chief Engineer.

Do you have access to OTA ?
If so, try that and see if it's the same way.

My OTA is HD. My friend who has Directv does have HD.

So, your saying that it IS in HD OTA AND the rest of the Locals (thru D*, not OTA) are in HD fine ...

That is REALLY Odd, because it shows that the HD IS active on your account.

At this point I think I would go to the Reauthorize page and do that and see if it helps, I would imagine you have already tried a rest of the box.

How many recvrs do you have that you are using ?

I know little about direct but with dish in some parts of the us the hd on some local come in on a different satellite sometimes requiring a wing dish. Maybe you are on a different arc then your friend?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Yes both receivers. When u say reauthorize do u mean "reset everything"from the settings menu?

Ok, if that didn't work, you may need a service call, but I don't know what exactly they could do ....

Maybe call in and inquire about it, make sure you get to Tech support.

Have you called Directv and asked them if there is an issue with that station?

make sure you have the HD version in your favorites if you use them. It might have to do with the transmitter failure KDLH had recently. Another option is to go into the menu and select as a preference "show all channels" instead of "Hide SD duplicates". Then go back in and "hide sd duplicates"

You say your buddy has Directv and it works so obviously its not a channel issue..edit...see next post. Other folks are saying there is an issue too so your buddy is wrong

backstory....as you may know 2 weeks ago KDLH (CBS) had a major transmitter failure. Since Directv picks up the stations OTA there would be no CBS (or CW). KBJR the NBC affiliate (they run CBS through an agreement) put the CBS back up on 6-3 (instead of 3-1) until the transmitter was fixed. Its been fixed so it should be working

CBS and CW affiliate KDLH/3.1 (Duluth) returned to the air Saturday (1/18) after a six-day outage due to transmitter problems. CBS programming had been carried on channel 6.3 of NBC affiliate KBJR (Superior-Duluth), which manages KDLH through a shared services agreement, since Wednesday and continued as of Sunday. DirecTV and DISH Network customers also lost KDLH programming for the first several days of the outage, but the satellite providers restored service from 6.3 when it became available. KDLH programming was uninterrupted on KRII/11 (Chisholm), which relays 3.1 (CBS) on 11.3 and 3.2 (CW) on 11.2. KBJR was also off the air for much of the day Sunday (1/12) due to a separate transmitter issue

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)