3d2lnbr0-02 LNB vs SWM 16

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

nlions

Original poster
Nov 12, 2006
In process of moving and currently have SWM16 and was wondering if a 21 tuner LNB i.e. 3d2lnbr0-02 would have any limitations or will it function just as SWM16 does but having additional tuner capacity. Thanks in advance for any insight.

In process of moving and currently have SWM16 and was wondering if a 21 tuner LNB i.e. 3d2lnbr0-02 would have any limitations or will it function just as SWM16 does but having additional tuner capacity. Thanks in advance for any insight.
That model SWiM LNB is actually better than the SWiM-16 as it supports up to 21 tuners vs. 16 from the latter.

The only limitation is (if you copied the model no. accurately) that specific model LNB is not Reverse Band capable. So if you have or want 4K service, it should be changed-out.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

That model SWiM LNB is actually better than the SWiM-16 as it supports up to 21 tuners vs. 16 from the latter.

The only limitation is (if you copied the model no. accurately) that specific model LNB is not Reverse Band capable. So if you have or want 4K service, it should be changed-out.

Thank you

No, technically that LNB will support 13 tuners.

You only get the 21 tuner support when you hook up 3 genies to it.

Count on only being able to use 13
I well know that's the official line ...

But for over a year now I've yet to get to the bottom of exactly what conditions cause this confusing mystery of the alleged 13 tuner limitation for the 2nd gen. DSWM LNBs.

As I had that same LNB the OP has on my Genie plus 5 HR24s install (or 15 tuners total) for a while and all worked just fine.

And my current Reverse Band capable WNC 5D2RBLNBR0-01 is supposed to have the same 13 tuner limitation, yet is supporting all 17 tuners total without any issues.

So really don't know what to say about this particular official claim from DIRECTV ...

Genie and dual tuner receivers count differently.

For example 13 single tuner receivers, vs the example as you stated above.

Unfortunately there is no table showing what is what, so we go by 13 tuners as the rule.

I have been burned on this once where I tried installing 15 receivers.

Had to split the SWM and install a swm16.

So never again

From what I’m told it had something to do with the SWM channel spacing. Apparently if a genie has 7 channels they take less bandwidth then 7 separate H25’s

Genie and dual tuner receivers count differently.

For example 13 single tuner receivers, vs the example as you stated above.

Unfortunately there is no table showing what is what, so we go by 13 tuners as the rule.

I have been burned on this once where I tried installing 15 receivers.

Had to split the SWM and install a swm16.

So never again

From what I’m told it had something to do with the SWM channel spacing. Apparently if a genie has 7 channels they take less bandwidth then 7 separate H25’s

What 15 receivers were you trying to connect? I assume H24 or H25? There have been people who tested and got 21 tuners and a 22nd tuner failed. Dunno what they had, but it wasn't all Genies - might have been all Genies and DVRs and not any single tuner receivers.

The only way things could conceivably work differently with single tuner receivers is if they somehow force the SWM into a different mode where it only offers 13 SWM channels. Dunno who told you that about channel spacing but they're wrong - the channel spacing in a DSWM is always the same, 51.03 MHz (versus 102.06 MHz for analog SWM) The "3D1" DSWM LNBs that had only 13 tuners had the same channel spacing as the 3D2 & 3DR/5DR reverse band LNBs, the latter offer more SWM channels and thus have a higher top frequency.

If you had problems making the 14th receiver work in that configuration it would be the very first confirmed report of anyone getting only 13 tuners out of a reverse band LNB that either I or HoTat2 have heard of...

I've been using one for over year -Tossed the swm16 and the 4 down leads - for one down lead & 2swm splitter & 2 8ways - using 18 active tuners- no trouble at all -none doing 4k either

Until there is a formula out there that works or an explanation of what configurations work and why, 13 tuners is the limit.

For example I hear certain model h25’s make a difference in the number of tuners.

That’s all fine and dandy, but what do you do if you get 18 H25’s working on a reverse band. One of the receivers go bad, Directv sends a replacement and the system defaults to 13 because one of the receivers is a different version H25.

Until Directv provides an explanation, I’m sticking to 13 tuners

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)