3rd HR20

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NutFlush920

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
Green Bay, WI
I have a HR20-100 in my living room, a HR20-700 in my game room, and a R15 in my bedroom. I was thinking about upgrading my bedroom tv to HD but would like to get a 3rd HR20 to replace the R15. I want to do this though with out having a installer come over. I have no need for an installer and don't really want to make time out of busy schedule for someone to come out.

Where am I going to find the best price for another HR20? I don't have Cosco in Green Bay, WI. Will DirecTV just ship me a "swap out" if I do it through them or am I better off finding one on ebay? My local Circuit City wants $300 for the HR20.

I have Total Choice Plus w/ locals, DVR service, HD Access, HBO and Starz for programming.

Hold off until late January, and you should be able to get it at bestbuy or circuitcity for $199.

Scott posted that D* is lowering the HR20 to $199 in Jan 08.

If only they did not try to recoup the costs in addition to the lease fee. It wouldn't be that bad except for the receivers & dvrs I have in my basement that I own.

If only they did not try to recoup the costs in addition to the lease fee. It wouldn't be that bad except for the receivers & dvrs I have in my basement that I own.

Your getting an $800 HD DVR paying $199 or less soon .....
Would'nt you want to re-coop your cost at least ?

I'd rather do it that way too, but don't expect them to give them away.

Jimbo

I know they would like you to think you are getting an $800 reciever. The reality is they probably cost DTV $200 or less to buy them. This isn't an advanced piece of equipment like a Pioneer Elite reciever. It doesn't process different audio codecs or do anything advanced. It doesn't do anything different then the "free" ones from the cable companies. I have no problem with them making money by charging an upfront cost - that is there business model. But for people to think that they are getting a deal because DTV wants you to believe it is worth $800 is kind of humorous.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)