3rd time trying installation tomorrow

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bmr4242

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 23, 2009
Asheville
DirecTV is coming to try installation for the third time tomorrow. The first guy left saying the cable box on the outside of the apt. was locked(which it wasn't). The second guy said there was rock to close to the ground and he could't do a poll install(which my apt makes me do). These were both installers sent from calling the 1800 number. So I finally called a local independant installer. They are coming tomorrow morning. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions I can give this guy to get a poll install done if he comes up with an excusse? Thanks in advance for any advice. I have never had this much trouble getting a dish installed in the past.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions I can give this guy to get a poll install done if he comes up with an excusse?

Grab the shovel and dig yourself.. sounds harsh but thats how I train my dogs.. I show em it can be done. If they still refuse ask for a sup. Are you paying for the Pole install, most companies charge for this.. maybe waiving a tip or payment (Ie.. Doggie Treat) in front of his nose will help. Good luck.. If its that rocky you may have to rent a Auger.

Any chance you can "share" a dish with a neighbor/friend?

Yes I am paying extra to have the poll. That doesn't bother me. My fiancee has been home the last two times as I had to be at work. I was thinking of taking the shovel from him and going at it myself if need be. But I would think the installer would want to get the job done. I was under the impression they get paid by the install. This would make me want to do everything possible to get it done.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)