Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Went to my local Rat Shack to pay my bill and wandered around. Found some 3x4 multiswitches that "are designed for Directv only" ;) (maybe they'll work with FTA...I hope) ;) :D

The price said $13.97 so I figured what the hey need a backup so I got one. Went to pay and found out they were like 9 bucks so I grabbed a couple more

They're kinda big (4"x5") but they look pretty sturdy. Now watch out because they have a new model that is a little smaller in dimensions but they want 42 bucks for :eek:

model #16-2571 is the RS sku # of the one for 9 bucks

Its funny that they are closing out one model and selling the same thing essentially for really high. They also had a 1x4 distribution amp for like 14 bucks and it does composite and component too...run 4 TV's off one component output :)
the "new" model is 50 bucks

some food for thought.....

yeah its clearance time on some stuff. Usually in June & July Radio Shack gets some new models of items. They have a new model that cosmetically looks different but its the same thing. A few I remember that are on clearance but a new model is there
-the multiswitch
-the 1 in 4 out component distribution amp
-the 4 in 1 out composite switches (hook 4 sets of a/v cables to go to one set on the tv)
-some audio or video cables...their "gold" version...various lengths and type

Where I live our store isnt that busy so they have some of the stuff there for a while. When I go visit my buddy about an hour away they're the next nearest one going west of my house so they usually have a wall of clearance stuff

Ice,
Went to rad shack and they had 1 left, my knees nearly buckled when they handed me the box priced $43.99, but I ended up paying $9.27 and tax. Looks like it would be good for a 2 way lnb switch or switching H and V on a P* lnb. Thanks for the heads up.
SKy

sky
There is a new model that they're selling for that price (44 bucks)...thats why I posted the model # so folks knew which one to get

Glad you got one...yeah 9.27 sounds right

This is definitely the old 1, the box looks like it came over on the Mayflower. I don't know when I'll get a chance to experiment, but it looks like a definite application for OTA and FTA fixed or motorized. From what it says on the box, the OTA would be passive and bypassed when it's switched to FTA A or B. Ought to work good.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)