4/29/2009 2:26pm - Uplink Activity Report - 223 changes

That's great news!! Did he say what it was going to look like? I look forward to consolidating my current antenna farm (actually my wife & neighbors probably would appreciate it more that me :rolleyes:).

It would be a 30 inch dish pointed at 119/129. That still leaves some HD on 110 that isn't on those yet. I'll keep my 6 footer pointed at 129 for a while, I think it will come in handy once the RSNs go full time HD.

Yowsa :)

30 channels on the Ciel-2 HI/AK spots (20 are new to us, the other 10 can free up space on the e*10 spot and e*11 conus).

I imagine that the 11 additions to e*10 AK spot 46 (all new) are likely to show up in hawaii as well on spot 47.

Yep. The E-10 spot for AK/HI is the same uplink. It's just downlinked into AK and HI. The 129 AK/HI spots are separate, they can uplink different things to AK and HI on those.

It would be a 30 inch dish pointed at 119/129. That still leaves some HD on 110 that isn't on those yet. I'll keep my 6 footer pointed at 129 for a while, I think it will come in handy once the RSNs go full time HD.

I'm still thinking 110 is going to be used for AK/HI. No point in wasting beams they have designed for there and E-11 for designed with AK/HI in mind also.

Congrats to the AK and HI HD subs... looks like you'll have a big grin on your face here shortly.

:) :) I'm smiling from ear to ear. Just had my 6 ft. dish swung over yesterday and already gets alot more HD, but this is truly icing on the cake. Only thing lacking are the three locals that aren't on yet. :) :)

I'm still thinking 110 is going to be used for AK/HI. No point in wasting beams they have designed for there and E-11 for designed with AK/HI in mind also.

The dealer only mentioned 119/129. But it would be nice if they could center it on 119 and get the spots from 110/129. I think it would take a slighty larger dish though.

:) :) I'm smiling from ear to ear. Just had my 6 ft. dish swung over yesterday and already gets alot more HD, but this is truly icing on the cake. Only thing lacking are the three locals that aren't on yet. :) :)

With the six foot dish and these changes we won't be missing much.

Are HDNet/Discovery HD Theater/HBO/Showtime still using the big mpeg2 bandwidths they had on the 110 satellite?

I'm hoping HDNet will retain its highest bit-rate and picture quality for demo purposes!

8584(41) - KPXM [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar7 119W TP 14 ConUS beam (NA)(St. Cloud, MN-N/A)
8584(41) - KPXM [MPEG4 SD] added to Echostar6 72.7W TP 31 ConUS beam (NA)(St. Cloud, MN-N/A)

Interesting they are adding Pax/Ion all of a sudden. I guess to be like D* ;)

Why would they add them to a CONUS TP?

edit: Looks like these arent uplinked...more like remaps. Ion is on TP14 too so they probably just remap it to the "local" Ion channel....so no bandwidth wasted

D

4/30/2009 12:48pm - Uplink Activity Report - 1 change

D

4/30/2009 6:16pm - Uplink Activity Report - 12 changes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)