4/29/2009 2:26pm - Uplink Activity Report - 223 changes

That's great news!! Did he say what it was going to look like? I look forward to consolidating my current antenna farm (actually my wife & neighbors probably would appreciate it more that me :rolleyes:).

It would be a 30 inch dish pointed at 119/129. That still leaves some HD on 110 that isn't on those yet. I'll keep my 6 footer pointed at 129 for a while, I think it will come in handy once the RSNs go full time HD.

Yowsa :)

30 channels on the Ciel-2 HI/AK spots (20 are new to us, the other 10 can free up space on the e*10 spot and e*11 conus).

I imagine that the 11 additions to e*10 AK spot 46 (all new) are likely to show up in hawaii as well on spot 47.

Yep. The E-10 spot for AK/HI is the same uplink. It's just downlinked into AK and HI. The 129 AK/HI spots are separate, they can uplink different things to AK and HI on those.

It would be a 30 inch dish pointed at 119/129. That still leaves some HD on 110 that isn't on those yet. I'll keep my 6 footer pointed at 129 for a while, I think it will come in handy once the RSNs go full time HD.

I'm still thinking 110 is going to be used for AK/HI. No point in wasting beams they have designed for there and E-11 for designed with AK/HI in mind also.

Congrats to the AK and HI HD subs... looks like you'll have a big grin on your face here shortly.

:) :) I'm smiling from ear to ear. Just had my 6 ft. dish swung over yesterday and already gets alot more HD, but this is truly icing on the cake. Only thing lacking are the three locals that aren't on yet. :) :)

I'm still thinking 110 is going to be used for AK/HI. No point in wasting beams they have designed for there and E-11 for designed with AK/HI in mind also.

The dealer only mentioned 119/129. But it would be nice if they could center it on 119 and get the spots from 110/129. I think it would take a slighty larger dish though.

:) :) I'm smiling from ear to ear. Just had my 6 ft. dish swung over yesterday and already gets alot more HD, but this is truly icing on the cake. Only thing lacking are the three locals that aren't on yet. :) :)

With the six foot dish and these changes we won't be missing much.

Are HDNet/Discovery HD Theater/HBO/Showtime still using the big mpeg2 bandwidths they had on the 110 satellite?

I'm hoping HDNet will retain its highest bit-rate and picture quality for demo purposes!

8584(41) - KPXM [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar7 119W TP 14 ConUS beam (NA)(St. Cloud, MN-N/A)
8584(41) - KPXM [MPEG4 SD] added to Echostar6 72.7W TP 31 ConUS beam (NA)(St. Cloud, MN-N/A)

Interesting they are adding Pax/Ion all of a sudden. I guess to be like D* ;)

Why would they add them to a CONUS TP?

edit: Looks like these arent uplinked...more like remaps. Ion is on TP14 too so they probably just remap it to the "local" Ion channel....so no bandwidth wasted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts