4/9/2009 7:04pm - Uplink Activity Report - 27 changes

All Turbo subs only got Com, CMT, and Spike, same as Absolute.
Out of the new channels, the only ones I cared about were Comedy Central and Spike (the Mrs occasionally watches CMT).

VH1 and MTV, well I wouldn't mind having 'em but won't loose any sleep over it.
Nick - with no kids in the house, this channel wouldn't have been watched anyways...

Good day in my house (as an Absolute Sub)

Yep...BET didnt have any bandwidth when I was looking at them before they launched.

Still curious why that transponder on 61.5 isnt running in 8PSK mode to give the channels more bandwidth like on 129. Guess they dont have enough power? But they do TP 17 running idle in 8PSK on 61.5. Dunno....

I wonder if they bargained the full time split of Noggin/The N in exchange for putting up the remainder of the slate without BET.

I have all of them showing in the guide, and am able to view them, except "The N", however, if i manually type in channel 9576, it shows up just fine. Its stretch-o-vision though!

Why the hell is N at the high number of 9576 instead of near the rest of the kiddie channels that start at 169 ? They don't usually put a channel in the 9500 range unless they are in HD or a public interest channel.

Why the hell is N at the high number of 9576 instead of near the rest of the kiddie channels that start at 169 ? They don't usually put a channel in the 9500 range unless they are in HD or a public interest channel.

My guess is that this Noggin.The N split was a last minute thing. I would expect the N to be mapped down at some time soon.

I think it is obvious now that the TurboHD packages are not guaranteed to get new HD. The FoxNews episode was not a one time thing. When I signed up I really felt that having TurboHD Gold I would get all HD other than the Platinum. At least we got something!

Congrats Dish subscribers. You are officially back in the game.

Why? I can't find any HD on any of those channels. Not sure we were ever out of the game. You can call a channel "HD" but unless the content is actually IN HD, its still just upconverts. I just surfed every new channel (and it is 8pm central) and NOTHING was being shown in HD.

Small steps I guess. But really, dish and Directv can provide the channels, but the darn providers need to start providing content in HD.