4 degree spacing on 1.2m dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
Well, it finally warmed up a bit today (into the 30's!) so I decided to do some experimenting with my 1.2m dish. It's currently fixed on 99 and I'm having good results. I decided to see if an offset LNB would tune in 105.

I focused on the Echostar test card as my target, and tuned it easily. Then, to my surprise, upon doing a blind scan on 105, it pulled in all the transponders on 103, including the NBC mux.

I got to thinking, hmm... if I can tune 99 and 103 on one dish, it frees up my 90cm for something else.

I've never had much luck with 4 degree spacing before, but on this 1.2m dish, it works perfectly :)

IMG_0147.JPG
IMG_0146 (1).JPG

Last edited:
I suggest you point at 103 and then side lobe to 99. 103 has some tough signals, but 99 is cake walk. That's what i got, and its never an issue.

upload_2019-1-29_12-39-30.png

Its weird. I am in the strongest band for 91; I can pick up all Ku feeds + NPR mux + BYU Cband on a 90cm dish, but for some reason 99 gives me issues sometimes even on a 1.2m

Probably because the 1.2m dish see's a c-band transponder from either sat to the side, and they are fighting each other. The beamwidth for c-band reception is much greater than for KU reception on any particular dish. PERHAPS you can slightly tune OFF of 99w to either East or West, and it'll work better for you.

Reactions: danristheman
Probably because the 1.2m dish see's a c-band transponder from either sat to the side, and they are fighting each other. The beamwidth for c-band reception is much greater than for KU reception on any particular dish. PERHAPS you can slightly tune OFF of 99w to either East or West, and it'll work better for you.

In this case, I'm referring to the Ku CBS 24/7 feeds primarily. I can get Infowars fine, Fox mux fine, JBS fine. kofi123 says I should be able to get the CBS LA feed fine on a 1.2, but it only comes in sometimes, and only late at night.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts