4 months = dead

ShadowEKU

Expert in the Making
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 13, 2004
Frankfort, KY
After 4 months with my 522 it crapped out on my last night in the middle of a movie. I called dish and they ran me through the reboots and all this other crap. Finally they got authorization for an RMA. does anyone know of a way to drop a reciever off your DHA account? I bought a 721 a few months ago and have been using it pretty much in conjunction and just incase my 522 craps out. well I kinda want to get rid of the 522. other than going the ceo@dishnetwork route anyone have any idea. Im planning on getting an 811 and hdtv quite soon anyway.

boba said:
DHA has no commitment so you should be able to call DISH. 1-800-333-3474

They will just continue to switch out the 522's i just want to get rid of it if i can.. my 721 is twice as stable at the minimum

ShadowEKU,

I have two stupid questions:
1) What is an RMA?
2) Will E* ever make the 721 available for DHA customers? It sounds like it is exactly the same as the 522 in single mode, except for the sound drops / chirps, nightly errors that cause timers to fail, phantom channel switching, and all the other fun shi!t that us 522 owners get to deal with. Does that sound about right?

Anyway, in answer to your question, you can just drop the 522 altogether and drop DHA, if you're so inclined. Is there a reason you want to stick with DHA?

Cooter said:
ShadowEKU,

I have two stupid questions:
1) What is an RMA?
2) Will E* ever make the 721 available for DHA customers? It sounds like it is exactly the same as the 522 in single mode, except for the sound drops / chirps, nightly errors that cause timers to fail, phantom channel switching, and all the other fun shi!t that us 522 owners get to deal with. Does that sound about right?

Anyway, in answer to your question, you can just drop the 522 altogether and drop DHA, if you're so inclined. Is there a reason you want to stick with DHA?

1) already answered

2) probably not since from what I heard they arnt even making them anymore.

I keep DHA because I dont want to pay for the 811 Ill end up getting eventually and I dont want to pay for either of my 510s I paid for my 721 but still.

I wont be paying for them because I dont know how long I will stay with E* as is. and if it breaks im not out 300+ dollars.

Thanks for the responses, guys.

About why you're staying with DHA, I understand completely - I thought you already owned your 510s. It definitely doesn't make sense to buying an 811 if you're not certain you're going to keep it for long.

Seems like everyone on this board is in the same boat about not knowing how long they'll stay with E*...

Shadow you should be able to return the 522 without dropping DHA you have no commitment is their advertised statement. Seeing you are renting it from them you only have the option of returning it or continue renting. I own a 522 because I am a dealer I wish I could return it for credit I refuse to sell it (lease it to anyone) so I am stuck with it, you can at least get rid of it.

boba said:
Shadow you should be able to return the 522 without dropping DHA you have no commitment is their advertised statement. Seeing you are renting it from them you only have the option of returning it or continue renting. I own a 522 because I am a dealer I wish I could return it for credit I refuse to sell it (lease it to anyone) so I am stuck with it, you can at least get rid of it.

yeah but once I get rid of it... ill need an 811 becasue I plan on getting a HDTV at the same time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)