4 X 2 diseqc switch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

earlief

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 22, 2009
texas
Guys,

I am looking for a good source to buy a 4x 2 diseqc switch, any recommendations

Thanks,

E

a what?

What are you trying to do? I know of 4x4 multiswitches which takes 2 dual LNB's and allows you to run that to 4 receivers

I'm not understanding your switch request, either.
But, if we know what you're trying to do, we can make recommendations.

Often a bigger switch can be had for less money.
There are some fine 4x8 or 5x8 multiswitches which are much cheaper than 2x4 or 4x4's. :)

That is what I am trying to do 4 sats to 2 receivers with the least amount of cables..

Thanks guys

Are you using bandstacked LNBFs? If you use a single DiSEqC switch to allow two receivers to simultaneously select from four single output LNBFs you will be not be able to independently watch both horizontal and vertical transponders. If you plan on using (or powering) only one receiver at a time this would work or you could even use a 4x1 DiSEqQ with a splitter (not recommending, but possible).

To feed four satellites to two receivers you would either need four bandstacked LNBFs and a 4x2 DiSEqC switch or four dual output LNBFs and a 8x2 Multi-switch. As Anole pointed out, the two output switched would be hard to find, so a four or eight output might be more readily available and less expensive.

cables are cheap

In the Switches Simplified FAQ, here is the traditional way to get multiple LNBFs to multiple receivers.
Of course, you would use just as much of this drawing as needed... ;)
Please read the other posts in the thread, for more background on making it all work.
And all LNBFs need dual outputs.

A while back, we had a member who needed to feed two LNBFs to over a dozen receivers.
Think it was for a foreign language school.
His problem included a 10-floor coax run from the roof of the building.
So, he chose to use bandstacked LNBFs.
Turned out, he was quite experienced with DishNet bandstacked technology, so it was a good fit for him.
I can't say it's an easy choice for the general public, though.

edit:
Also, this is in the C-band sub-forum...
So, are we talking Ku, C-band, or both?
Please be specific.
Will a 4Dtv subscription receiver be involved?
These are important points regarding how you can configure your LNBs and switches.

Last edited:
What I have is a dual orthomode c band through a power passing splitter and invacom qph-31. I wanted to take the non power v/h cband and the ku and cirular feed into a 4 x2 to feed the 2 openbox receivers . I have had it hookup this way feeding my DTV and openbox for almost a year, I wanted to add the second receiver without having to run too much more additional cabling. I am always open to a better way, should my thinking be skewed

Thanks guys.

3, 3, 3 times the fun!

Here are three ideas, based on the FAQ page/post I linked above:

1. use two 4x4 switches (two on the left in the drawing) only, and diseqc switches as required.

2. use two powered 4x8 multiswitches (which may be cheaper, or modified to supply voltage to your Ortho C-band LNBs), following the drawing above.

3. use three 2x4 $5 multiswitches from DishStore (one of our Gold Sponsors) similar to the drawing, but no LNBs are selectable with 22khz, followed by diseqc switches as shown.

In each design, each of your receivers (up to total of four) needs its own diseqc switch, to select which multiswitch output is used.
Designs 1 & 2 use the programming table shown in the FAQ; design 3 will be different.

I'm sure other members will come up with additional suggestions. - :up

edit:
Instead of running 6 coax to the house, if you can find a weather-proof way to mount all the switches out by the dishes, you only need a coax for each receiver you use, and one to carry LNB power for the ortho (3 total). ;)

Last edited:
A while back, we had a member who needed to feed two LNBFs to over a dozen receivers.
Wasn't that at Iceberg's cabin??? :rolleyes:

Could have been. Wouldn't put it past him!
Just depends if he had enough duct tape, wood blocks, tie wraps, 'n bailing wire. :D

I remember he had a stack of analog C-band receivers at his home earlier in the summer.
But that was closer to two dozen! - :up - :eek:

it was 20 analog receivers ;)

And no it wouldnt be my cabin. Heck even the house here only has one dish dedicated to KU now. The other got moved to 129W for my Dish system ("moved" locals)

Hi Guys,

I have a problem with the diseqc, I ordered the emp-centauri ( S4/1PCN-W1) 4 x 1, I can not get the sg2100 to work. I can hook it up direct or on the old diseqc that has two bad ports and it works. I am using it with my openbox, any suggestions why the the new switches are not passing USALS commands.

Thanks,

E

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)