40% off Orby TV receivers and DVRs at Best Buy - 11/21 - 11/23

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I suggest that a user such as you suggest is not their target customer. LOL!

I have an Orby dish and it provides good gain as the TPs are quite hot. Never have come close to losing signal with a 5-7dB SNR link margin in Northern CA. I have a spare 90cm dish, so that is the only reason I use a larger reflector with the RV.
How fig that as I go for 2 year contract it way cheaper then what I paying now with DirecTV

I got the orby receiver for $.52.95 including sales tax and the orby dish for $75.00 including state sales tax. No shipping charges. Already had the wire there and a pipe to mount it on. A long way from a $1000. After I installed it I had signal strength 100 and 99 sq. Dish is good enough and works well.

I got the orby receiver for $.52.95 including sales tax and the orby dish for $75.00 including state sales tax. No shipping charges. Already had the wire there and a pipe to mount it on. A long way from a $1000.
That nice if only need one orby receiver

I have just about had it with this Bullsh!t from Best Buy.

They are selling the equipment cheaper than what the dealers can get it for from ORBY directly.

I’m not in business to compete with Best Buy. Obviously they got some better deal worked out with them.

I got about $2500 in orby inventory. Once the sale is over, I’m dumping it and that’s it.

They just took the lease option away from us yesterday also. I think selling orby is a way to get customers in the store so maybe you might buy a tv. In the store where I bought mine the had all the players near the big expensive tv,s.

Have seen a few programming contracts which required DVR service control by the content provider. While I don't see how this would thwart content sharing, DRM has been the basis of the requirement.
DRM was always a joke. I remember the days of VCRs when we used to dub the rental movies onto another video tape using another VCR.

Sent from my SM-G955U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Yes all good points in ever post but they need to find way to get new customers and grow after all many of the avg blue collar folk can't afford shell out $1000 in equipment and installment fee so a 2 year lease offers is there best option to even bring in lower incoming folks in to picture as well.
My guest is to why there sell them off so cheap is because of end of year sale to get rid of much inventory as possible which every major retailer dose this in Nov thru Dec.
It possible the Orby TV may also has new hardware equipment come out after 1st of year that is far better then previous generation.
Also the from what I have reading DVR was only a dual tuner for ATSC and two for Satellite make kind of used less in real world whole home environment unless this person set up there own PC DVR server.

Can any one tell me that the ethernet is used for
I bought 4 receivers and a dish kit for less than 500.00.

Honestly if most people would work more than 40 hrs a week they could easily afford a major purchase. I have never had a single full time job. I have always worked more than 40. Most times 80 or 90 a week.

Honestly if most people would work more than 40 hrs a week they could easily afford a major purchase. I have never had a single full time job. I have always worked more than 40. Most times 80 or 90 a week.

That nice but not ever one can do it at one place and I know it a lot of hard work at two diff places as have work min of 12 hour a day every day and yes I done it but let just say that caught with me have serious repercussions on you physical thanks goddness it wasn't mental health.

Reactions: truckracer
That nice but not ever one can do it at one place and I know it a lot of hard work at two diff places as have work min of 12 hour a day every day and yes I done it but let just say that caught with me have serious repercussions on you physical thanks goddness it wasn't mental health.
I could question my mental health sometimes lol....especially if you seen how many satellite dishes I own. Haha

Reactions: SHSPVR

But I think the issue is really priorities for most people.

Why put out $500 for an Orby system when I can get free from everyone else.

Then the other issue is this. Let’s say you do spend $500 and save $25/mo.

It will take you almost 2 years to recover your costs.

Then there is no guarantee the rate will remain low, or they may go boom like Voom did.

Voom didn’t last long, but Atleast I didn’t buy any equipment.

Reactions: JSheridan
True

Then there is no guarantee the rate will remain low, or they may go boom like Voom did.

True

Sent from our Pleadian star ship

Reactions: JSheridan

Are you refer to there 2 year contract ? I believe it not free it more like Rent to Own but I haven't ask them about this.
In a way Voom doesn't really count as it was all about HD only channel which many people didn't care for there channel selection at time where Orby TV on other hand it is gear more towards what many people want and who don't care for sport, music radio, ppv, ondemand and count other worst less channel.
But as you said there no guarantee that the rate will remain low after all it no diff then any online Media and TV Steaming service which all ready start bump up the price how ever there a few that will romain free.

Reactions: truckracer
Are you refer to there 2 year contract ? I believe it not free it more like Rent to Own but I haven't ask them about this.
In a way Voom doesn't really count as it was all about HD only channel which many people didn't care for there channel selection at time where Orby TV on other hand it is gear more towards what many people want and who don't care for sport, music radio, ppv, ondemand and count other worst less channel.
But as you said there no guarantee that the rate will remain low after all it no diff then any online Media and TV Steaming service which all ready start bump up the price how ever there a few that will romain free.
I would expect future price increases.
Cost adjusted inflation. I raise my customer's prices ever 2 years or so. Normal business practices really.

I actually like Orby tv and the channel line up. It's a good mix of cable channels without all the bs channels like home shopping and sports. I am not a sports fan so I am glad I am not paying for them.

Reactions: SHSPVR
Look like there 2 year contracted program is a joke you only get option of either go into another contract with them or buy the equipment out right. So it is not a rent to own so you would not own the equipment once the contract is over so like I have pass.

Look like there 2 year contracted program is a joke you only get option of either go into another contract with them or buy the equipment out right. So it is not a rent to own so you would not own the equipment once the contract is over so like I have pass.

The whole Orby thing is a joke! :glasses

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)