40% off Orby TV receivers and DVRs at Best Buy - 11/21 - 11/23

I would say the service itself if not a joke. It works well and does what its supposed to do.

But the way they do business and sell through some partners selling their stuff for less then dealers can buy the stuff for is a joke.

Dealers are better off buying their stuff from Best Buy and reselling it then buying it from Orby directly.

It shouldn't be that way, and that is a joke.

Wow, i’m rolling over to Best Buy later today to grab another stb for $60 :)

Then calling customer service for the buy one month get one free.

OrbyTV has a BOGO on service right now?

Sent using Tapatalk

Yes Kind of. You have to let your account lapse and then couple weeks they will start texting you the BOGO offer.

If Best Buy keeps this up, I’m just using them as my warehouse and will just stock up in between sales.
You might as well... I just checked and there's no limit this time on the amount you can purchase.. Delivered to your door free..When they had the first 1/2 price sale there was a limit online of 1 each.Its a damn shame what they are doing to you guys

Reactions: JSheridan
You might as well... I just checked and there's no limit this time on the amount you can purchase.. Delivered to your door free..When they had the first 1/2 price sale there was a limit online of 1 each.Its a damn shame what they are doing to you guys

As soon as their sale is over, I’m discounting my remaining inventory and I’m done with Orby

I can’t deal with being under cut by Best Buy.

Dish network is a piece of crap company, but they never under cut their dealers by offering something the retailers couldn’t.

If Best Buy is selling equipment for $59 with free shipping and eBay fees I would imagine their cost is around $20.

eBay takes like 10-12% and shipping is about $10

As soon as their sale is over, I’m discounting my remaining inventory and I’m done with Orby

I can’t deal with being under cut by Best Buy.

Dish network is a piece of crap company, but they never under cut their dealers by offering something the retailers couldn’t.

If Best Buy is selling equipment for $59 with free shipping and eBay fees I would imagine their cost is around $20.

eBay takes like 10-12% and shipping is about $10
I understand both sides of it. Orby is trying to grow as fast as they can aggressively by discounting equipment. At the same time they are undercutting the dealers who are helping them grow. It really depends on which loss or gain is greater.
Most corporations only goal is to profit and grow even if it means throwing some under the bus.

Sent from my SM-G955U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Look like there 2 year contracted program is a joke you only get option of either go into another contract with them or buy the equipment out right. So it is not a rent to own so you would not own the equipment once the contract is over so like I have pass.

Sounds like they are just offering people options... From a post on Facebook.

1575530261781.png

Sounds like they are just offering people options... From a post on Facebook.

View attachment 142125

I know but being the service only run $920 for the whole two year and if I go for 4 room option at $85 per/mo that work out to be $2,040 - $920 that come to $1,120 and believe me if I had that kind cash laying a round to buy all of it out right plus install kit I do it in heart beat.
Just for me to go to TV steaming option I would be spend about $110mo that just for cable internet to get a high cap of 5TB with 100MB speed I don't trust my internet provider as only other is very slow speed like DSL and that will never work and beside AT$T has 1TB data cap on there DSL here so that leaves the fix wireless service which just as slow as DSL or slower and we still have buy a few steaming box like roku

The Orby DVR is back on sale at eBay for $149.99.
Wonder why they did not discount the non-DVR to under $99. Usually the pair are on sale together. I am not a real fan of BB but It’s easier to walk in and pickup your stuff the same day and return if need be. I had a local dealer install my system and do upgrades over the past years. After the holidays I will call him for a 4k setup. Always have had great service support using a local. How can you complete with Bad Buy and make somewhat of a profit?. It sucks that people like Claude are getting screwed over but its all about the money.

There is no profit in this.

We pay $50 for the dish kit with antenna, $70 for each HD box and $140 per DVR.

Considering you charge $149 for the install with the Dish, $99 per HD receiver and $199 per DVR.

The installers typically make $100 on the primary install and $25 for each room.

So let’s say we sell a 2 room system with DVR. You charge the customer $450.

We make $100 + $30 + $60 = $190

Installer wants $125 of that which leaves us at $65.

The $65 goes to the person who sold it. Where is the profit for the dealer?

Typical Dish/Directv install we make $300, plus we get paid the install of $100/$25/$25/$25

At the $300 profit the sales person gets $60-$120 but there still is money left over.

Then they have these Bad Buy “ Flash” sales.

There is no way I can do someone else’s installation.

Granted there are no “Chargebacks” but we are making so little money, you would think there better be no chargebacks.

I spoke with a lady who was excited to hear we had programming at $40/mo including up to 4 rooms.

She was in total shock when I quoted $550 for install.

I called last week when they had the wacky Wednesday or whatever sale it was and schedule a single room HD install for half price of $125 with tax was like $134...I can't figure out how they can do this that cheap? They have another sale coming up on New years Eve for same price.I'm going to buy another one for my camper.Put the first system in my wife's name and our house.The camper is parked in building at my mom's property for a couple months.I just want the system for the $125 price so I hope the installer is OK with just leaving me the kit and receiver.If not I'll make him install it in my mom's house.