420 – 450 MHz Embedded OFDM Transceiver - Up to 15 Mbps data throughput

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ikki

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 22, 2009
Minnesota
DL435-30 is a state-of-the-art, high performance embedded OFDM radio transceiver specially optimized for the frequency band 420 MHz ~ 450 MHz (70 cm).

It features high data throughput with up to 600 mW Tx power, better Rx sensitivity and high noise immunity.

DL435-30 features Doodle Labs’ proprietary PrismTM hybrid heterodyne technology with advanced filtering and noise reduction techniques for high interference immunity and long range applications.

The DL435-30 has demonstrated the ability to provide high throughput even in extremely noisy environments. The rugged construction of DL435-30 makes it ideal for deploying in carrier class equipment.

DL435-30 maintains distortion free signal at higher modulation rates and high power to maintain low packet errors and maximize data throughput.

The design uses highly linear power amplifiers to deliver maximum power even at 64 QAM radio modulations while maintaining low distortion EVM (Error Vector Magnitude).

With better Rx sensitivity and high SNR, DL435-30 is specially designed to deliver best performance in long-range applications.

The Industrial/Military grade design & enhanced resilience to RF surges & ESD makes it ideal for deploying in harsh environments.

Key Features

Best-in-class OFDM broadband radio technology ensures high throughput, spectral efficiency, advanced RF interference mitigation and resistance to multi-path delays for Near Line of Sight (NrLOS) performance.

Doodle Labs’ proprietary PrismTM hybrid heterodyne technology with advanced filtering and noise reduction techniques to achieve high Interference Immunity.

Operation in the 420 - 450 MHz UHF frequency (70 cm) band for Amateur radio services in the ITU’s regions 1, 2 and 3.

Up to 15 Mbps data throughput.

Software configurable high Tx power up to +28 dBm (600 mW) for long-range coverage.

High desensitization capability for out of band interfering signals.

Distortion free signal (low EVM) to maintain lowest packet errors to maximize data throughput at higher data modulation.

128 bit AES encryption for over the air data security

Supports software configurable 5 and 10 MHz Channel Bandwidth to maximize spectrum efficiency.

Traffic prioritization queues for video, voice and data applications.

Mini-PCI host interface

Supported by open source MadWiFi Linux kernel drivers

Proven compatibility with dd-wrt and many other 3rd party Wireless Router Operating Systems

Military grade design ensures durability in harsh operating environments

Two MMCX connectors provide flexibility in system design for antenna diversity or Internal/external antenna selection options

Advancing Ham Radio.. different ideas: Doodle Labs DL435-30 Reports

A few hams have bought the Doodle Labs DL-435-30 transceiver.

The radio is capable of about 6 Mbps of data throughput utilizing a 5 MHz wide channel in theunder-used 420-440 MHz ATV sub-band.

These were first made available in November 2011, so tests have been somewhat limited. However here are some initial conclusions:

At 20-30 feet using a 6 dBi gain omnidirectional antenna a couple different ham groups have seen 1/2 mile to 3/4 of a mile usable non-line of site mobile coverage using a 1/4 wave mag mount antenna. Both reports were in moderate to heavily mature tree neighborhoods.

I blow my tax refund toy money on a pair should be here this week.

In the house. Boy this turned into a $900 project i sure hope it is worth it.

Parts
Mikrotik RouterBOARD RB411
MMCX 12" pigtail
L-com CA-NMNME004 N-Male to N-Male 200 Series 4ft
Arrow Antenna 440-5S

Attachments

• photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    961.2 KB · Views: 367
Can you transmit broadband data over this? I assume this is IP based? I would imagine that the range on this would be awesome with a pair of radios with a directional dish on each end. Where did you find this at to purchase?

I final got around to trying them out and I’m impressed. At 2,000ft NLOS 3Mbps x 3Mbps.

I’m going to mount on roof and see how far I can get.
56486576477__6E1F61A4-BE3C-477A-84A9-F1E0D16AC09B.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: k.r.
Only about six years later? Wow that’s a long time. I wonder what new products came to market in that frequency range since then. This was before white space equipment for broadband hit the market I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)