Ring Alarm System

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mdonnelly

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 26, 2004
Mustang, OK
I bought a Ring alarm system to replace my Iris home security system that's being discontinued by Lowes at the end of the month. I like the Ring hardware, but it's missing some features that I liked in Iris. I was able to use the Iris app to schedule a daily time to arm and disarm the system. With Ring, I can't create a repeating schedule in the app. You'd think that would be a basic function, wouldn't you?

I tried to get the Ring alarm skill in Alexa to do it for me, but that's not working either. I can tell Alexa to arm or disarm Ring, but I can't get it to understand a routine with Ring.

I'm hoping that since Ring is new in the security alarm world that this will be corrected soon. I give the Ring alarm system a 4 out of 5 rating for ease of use and hardware quality. That would go to a 5 if the app software had a few more configuration tools.

Reactions: navychop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts