43.0 W Intelsat 3R Help

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I find it quite a challenge to get anything from 43.0°W. Since it is inclined 0.7° it makes it difficult to check with my motorized system. I don't want to adjust my elevation for just one satellite.

Regardless, I sometimes do get a channel or two to pop in, but they usually are short lived so I assume they are sporadic feeds.

RADAR

I am wondering how 0.7 Inclination for that bird in the sky affects my setup.I am at 40.8N and -73.9W so it gives me 33.2 elevation acording to calc.We know that 43W works because SADOUN has it working fine all the time.I am not using MOTOR so I am wondering how I would set up my 1m dish.I was using standart LNB with 10750 LOcal f.Should I use different one if yes how to set up Oscilator and 22kHZ ??

I am wondering how 0.7 Inclination for that bird in the sky affects my setup.I am at 40.8N and -73.9W so it gives me 33.2 elevation acording to calc.We know that 43W works because SADOUN has it working fine all the time.I am not using MOTOR so I am wondering how I would set up my 1m dish.I was using standart LNB with 10750 LOcal f.Should I use different one if yes how to set up Oscilator and 22kHZ ??

Sathen,

With a fixed point dish, just set it as if there is no inclination to this satellite, then adjust your dish elevation upwards 0.7 degrees. Your L.O. frequency and other parameters will have nothing to do with this. It is purely a matter of aiming your dish appropriately so it is a physical adjustment outdoors at the dish.

With a motorized dish, this is not possible since adjusting the dish elevation for one sat would make all the other satellites drop out. They do make dishes with two motors (one for tracking the arc east to west and one to adjust the dish elevation) that can track inclined orbits, but they are expensive.

RADAR

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts