43.0 W Intelsat 3R Help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sathen

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 5, 2007
Hello guys!

Can somebody give me some hints on how to get on 43W?

I found very easly 15 west,Telstar 12 then I went on Hispasat 1C/1D on 30 west with no problem at all. 97 west Galaxy 19 was the most easy to find, AMC-4 at 101,too. Big signal on all of them.
Now I stacked on finding 43W Int 3R.
I created new transponder with 12050 Vert SR 23700 and NO Signal .Moving my 1 meter dish around like an idiot but still no show. Going between 30 west and 61.5 from DN changing my elevation between 35 and 20 but still no signal. Helppppppppppppp please good people
I am in NY area and using Linear LNB.Fortec Star Ultra (one of the first one on market) as the Reciver

Welcome to SatelliteGuys !

:welcome

I'm in Virginia and I have not had any luck with 43W either. My motorized unit goes from 15W all the way to 127W but so far nothing from 43W.

I think that bird used to have several things pointed to North America but I currently cannot get anything from 43W.

Again, Welcome to SatelliteGuys !

try transponder 11863/V/5632, It's a strong transponder.
My understandig is that this s a feed of British Telecom?
Can U actually see any video on this freq?
I am going to test it tonite after work.Tnx for help

:welcome

I'm in Virginia and I have not had any luck with 43W either. My motorized unit goes from 15W all the way to 127W but so far nothing from 43W.

I think that bird used to have several things pointed to North America but I currently cannot get anything from 43W.

Again, Welcome to SatelliteGuys !
Thanks for nice welcom.
as for 43 west it is working bird for sure.I was talking to sadoun and they confirmed 12050H/with 23700 SR
There are a few channels there from italy and ukraine.
I see this as fun and like to see whats flying above my head.Just for fun
Tonite I am going to use 11863V/5632 for testing.Got the info that this works.So lets see and have fun!!

Hello are there any spanish stations left on 43
there used to me Monterrey, Canal de Casa, and a TV3 channel are they still there

If the spanish stations are no longer there maybe 43 is invisible to us, because there are no more 24 hr stations there anymore aside from occasional feeds that are hit an mis

thanks

Last edited:
I can get 45W & 43W on C-band., but nothing on 43W (Intelsat 3R) on Ku. I can pick up weak Ku stuff on 45W. However I am using a motorized set up. This sat is inclined at 0.7 degree as per Lyngsat, and that might be the problem. I even tried using my 6 ft dish and have good alignment dowm to 22W , and still also cannot pick up 43W. maybe the occassional feeds only

I Thing I know what we do wrong.
We DO NOT PAY the attention to a declination.
LNB Skew for -just say- 97W Galacxy 19 isn't thesame like for 43W
We talking about a very big difference
In my case (ny area is 24 deg to -30deg)
Thats why our LNB's don'[t see a bird. I just realized this when talking again with BILL from Sadoun. He just open my eyes. I knew that but somehow I forgot about it.Rutine kils me
Tonite I am going to try again and let you know guys.
Bill again confirmed that 43W Int 3R works!!!!!!

I Thing I know what we do wrong.
We DO NOT PAY the attention to a declination.
LNB Skew for -just say- 97W Galacxy 19 isn't thesame like for 43W
We talking about a very big difference
In my case (ny area is 24 deg to -30deg)
Thats why our LNB's don'[t see a bird. I just realized this when talking again with BILL from Sadoun. He just open my eyes. I knew that but somehow I forgot about it.Rutine kils me
Tonite I am going to try again and let you know guys.
Bill again confirmed that 43W Int 3R works!!!!!!

My dish is motorized - the skew is automatically adjusted as it scans the arc. I don't believe there are any live KU transponders at this time......

The problem with setting a different declination on a motorized system, would be that the rest of sats on the arc would be off. I looked at my setup SG9120 w/Coolsat 5000 and 120cm dish, and I don't see declination adjustments made automatically while using USALS1.2/Goto X commands. This is one reason for having a separate dish non-motorized for Ku use.
Here in Ft Lauderdale, FL., I can get all Ku from Simon Bolivar 78W, but only with a fixed 36inch dish. My motorized system cannot pick it up, even though I have good alignment from 22W to 129W

You got the point nycrich.
This is the reason I am playing with regular 1m dish.No Motor.If I will be able to get the lock on signal then I consider next step up witch is motor of course.For the moment I want to be sure I'am on the right track. I knew that if Bill from Sadoun would't give us wrong info.He is a PRO and has all the available equipment.There was also another guy giving me info about Bitish Telecom feed on 11863 down and 5632SR. So 2 guys cannot be wrong at the same time.This morning I called Bill again and he took his time and got me all working channels on 43W.Basicly all is working as indcated on LYNGSAT chart.
Ukrainien UTR and a couple of itaians (Sicilly) thats my interest in.Tonite I am gong o turn my LNB to -30 and I expect a success.
I let you know guys later..
Thanks for help.All the info was very helpfull.

Lyngsat does say that the orbit is inclined 0.7 degrees. I have no idea how much that diminishes the signal for someone who's not accounting for it, it would depend on the size of your dish of course.

No success either .Was playing a couple of hr last nite.Nothing.Some mystery here isn't it?
Sadoun recives all the available on 43 but rest of us - nothing.Very Strange.Also saw info on lyngsat about -0.6 Inclination.How this affect my position in NY/?
I am at 40.84 N and -73.94 W. Is it a factor that I am supposed to take into account.I am very disapointed but still beliving that we doing somethin wrong here
My next step will be changin LNB for different one..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)