43w 12050 H problem?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

concord

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 5, 2005
Southern North Carolina
Anyone else having problems picking up the Italian channels on 12050/H?

Swung over to 43 and I'm only getting one channel (CD Juarez) on 11965/V, no channels from 12050/H. Blind scanned the tp and it sees 12050, but no channels get picked up... quality is jumping around on the tp scan menu, maybe time to tweek the skew.

No problems with 30w nor 58w though.

I just took a look, but I can't help. It's raining here and the channels are definitely there, but they are pixelating very badly for me. They want to come in, but don't?

Al

Same problem here... it is not raining here I can scan the channels in but when I go to watch them I can't lock them.

Just checked them with the Coolsat and motorized Primestar.

They are hovering right at 60% SQ. Not enough to come in with that setup. Must be having a problem with uplink signal.

Fred

I've tried repeatedly to pick up that transponder (12050) with no luck at all. Scanning doesn't pick it up. Entering it manually gives me nearly no signal. If I have no signal the meter reads 9-11% and the most I've gotten on that tp is 13%. I can lock some other transponders and a couple of channels or feeds but never that tp. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if I'm out of luck in Maine.

Thanks all for the check. I checked again today and no SQ at all now on 12050, will re-align the dish and skew tomorrow; must have moved abit with the high winds and thunderstorms.

I just checked and I think they must have a problem or they are gone for good? No signal at all today (12050) and I have no rain or clouds today, to lay any blame on. Hopefully they will return, or maybe something better will pop up!

Al

I haven't been able to get 43w for at least a month on my Fortec Mercury or Coolsat 5k. It used to come in fine, but suddenly went away. Signal quality is good on each side of it (30w and 72w). Tweaking hasn't helped here. Sounds like I might need a bigger dish to get it now. Not that I need it, can't speak Italian. Has anyone noticed the problem as far back as a month ago?

Yes , I checked it out and all channels minus Dr. Dish were up and running.

Who knows what happened ,I didn't know they were gone till I saw the thread , nice to see them back.

I rehit this thread,
Are these channels coming in, intelsat 43
I have about 72 quality on my traxis but none are coming in

F.Y.I.

Just set up two fixed antennas pointing at the Italian channels on INTELSAT 3R..
one 3.4 meter, the other 1 meter.

Used STANDARD lnbfs..

1) Started with strongest broadcast signal for KU BAND on INTELSAT3R:

TELEPUERTO PUEBLA
11995 MHz
Ver
S/R 2864
Video 0308
Audio 0256
Aligned and tuned to that.

2) TRY TO SEARCH SCAN 12050. If they come in.. you're set.

3) If otherwise you see a very strong signal but no reception; then rotate the LNBF
180 degrees (upside down). TRY TO SEARCH SCAN 12050. Sicilia Channel and ALL TV (now Pet Channel) are the strongest signals on 12050 MHz. You should see them now. Fine tune to get the best reception.

F.Y.I.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts