Status
Please reply by conversation.

Claude Greiner

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Detroit - The Paris of the Midwest
Friend of mine cancelled their Directv account and switched to Dish.

They absolutely hate Dish, now Directv is saying my friend has to wait 48 hours before they will re-activate the account?

Friend of mine cancelled their Directv account and switched to Dish.

They absolutely hate Dish, now Directv is saying my friend has to wait 48 hours before they will re-activate the account?

What did they hate? I'm seriously considering giving Dish a shot. Haven't had dish in about 10 years but I'm tired of the audio cutting in and out on my Directv.

We have both. I have had Directv in my room done February of 17 because I wanted to watch the Astros, and Dish won't add there network. We have hopper in rest of house, we've had Dish for 10yrs or more. I have the Genie HR54-700, I like the Directv a lot better, I find it faster and easier to navigate around

We have both. I have had Directv in my room done February of 17 because I wanted to watch the Astros, and Dish won't add there network. We have hopper in rest of house, we've had Dish for 10yrs or more. I have the Genie HR54-700, I like the Directv a lot better, I find it faster and easier to navigate around

Get the best of both worlds. I got comcast and Directv.

If it was not for TiVo I would only have Directv.

I got the TiVo because I got Tv with my Comcast bundle. Now I like TiVo better

Reactions: dishrich
Which Hopper?

The H1 and the H3 are like comparing the HR34 and the HR54. I would be happier with an HR54 over an H1 as well.

Well didn't know till after the fact, I knew of the 3, figured we'd get the newest. Guess that's why it was free upgrade

Contact a DIRT member, and see about an upgrade. Highest I have seen is a $150 upgrade fee, which ultimately isn’t bad when you see how much better it gets.

Reactions: JoshC

Not for me I had different experience after having both only because I needed Directv's Sunday Ticket. My experience the Directv receivers were slower, had audio dropout issues all the the time, receivers are married to EHD so if anything failed you lose all recordings. Billing complicated and they nickel and dimed you to death with charges, was always having to call and beg for lower charges because of the outrageous charges like extra for HD.
With Dish it's cheaper up front you know exactly what the bill will be minus local taxes and nothing touches the Hopper3's greatness.

Get the best of both worlds. I got comcast and Directv.

If it was not for TiVo I would only have Directv.

I got the TiVo because I got Tv with my Comcast bundle. Now I like TiVo better

I have finally gone full circle. Twenty years ago I dropped Jones Intercable for Dish. Fourteen years ago I dropped Dish for DirecTV. Last week I dropped DirecTV for Tivo and Comcast/Xfinity.

Really like the Tivo Bolt Vox. The speed and commercial skip features really sold me over the sluggishness of the HS17 and clients.

I grew frustrated with DirecTV since the AT&T takeover. I bundled my account and then could never manage it without talking to CSR's overseas with broken english and no clue about DirecTV. Also after the takeover loyalty discounts were hard to come by. I was a tester for the HS17 but could never get removed from the push list after release. Firmware they pushed out for the new GUI locked up two C41W's and DirecTV wanted to charge me for replacements. Couldn't get recover kits without 90 minute phone calls.

Now DirecTV has rolled out a new recovery process. You take your receivers to Fed-Ex or UPS for packaging and shipping. No more recovery kits.

But Fed-EX admits to me they hold the equipment and only ship it back once a week. You can't get a tracking number until after they ship it back. Fed-Ex says the return program is new as of last week and has a lot of bugs.... Kind of like the new GUI.

The Tivo Bolt-Vox and Cablecard is so much easier to manage. I needed Comcast for internet anyway so it made sense to bundle.

Reactions: dishrich
Not for me I had different experience after having both only because I needed Directv's Sunday Ticket. My experience the Directv receivers were slower, had audio dropout issues all the the time, receivers are married to EHD so if anything failed you lose all recordings. Billing complicated and they nickel and dimed you to death with charges, was always having to call and beg for lower charges because of the outrageous charges like extra for HD.
With Dish it's cheaper up front you know exactly what the bill will be minus local taxes and nothing touches the Hopper3's greatness.
Wasn't that long ago that people would constantly complain about DISH nickel and diming you to death.

Wasn’t that long ago that dish started offering a skinny bundle, build your own tiered package for less...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)