4D to 3sats

Status
Please reply by conversation.

satkat1

Original poster
Dec 9, 2008
Calif.
Is it posable to to have 2 fixed cband dish one at 105/amc18 and another maybe a 10' some where between 131deg & 135deg with 2 lnbs so i get them both> so 3total lnbs to One 4D?..how do i hook this all togeather?if possible!..THANK for any help on this,steve

You can use multiple c band dishes to receive different satellites. The only problem is the 4DTV don't have the logic built in to auto switch a diseqc switch. So you would have to use a manual A/B/C switch to change LNB's

You can use multiple c band dishes to receive different satellites. The only problem is the 4DTV don't have the logic built in to auto switch a diseqc switch. So you would have to use a manual A/B/C switch to change LNB's

That or you could slave the 4DTV of an FTA box and tune to the satellite you want on the FTA box and then switch over to the 4DTV.

alternate ways:

I guess there is no easy way to do it!
- one motorized dish is probably the 'easy way'
- combining the two answers above, how 'bout a remote that can send commands to an FTA box to select the proper dish?
- or, maybe come up with an IR command string on a fancy remote to incorporate bird selection with channel select?

We specialize in easy ways here, no matter how hard they are! - :eek: - :D

PS:
that's actually six selections - three birds times two polarities.

3 sats t0 4D

IS it posable to pull in 2 sats that are spaced 4deg. apart with one 10' cband dish?....thanks

i believe you could. the signal is going to suffer a bit being "off axis" but it may work if you can get the lnbf's close enough together to comply with 4 degrees.

Iceberg has posted some nice pictures where he put two LNBFs on his 6' Fortec.
In one idea, the scalars overlapped, I think.
Or, you could trim a little off the side off each scalar, once you knew the distance required between LNBFs.
Other folks have run withOUT the scalar when testing two side by side.
There are lots of potential solutions.
It helps if the signals you want are strong , so what are they?

4 x10dish

I want to build a fixed ku Dish, about 4'x10' or so with a slight arc in it with multi lnbs! i know i have seen this on some Forum that some one built,let me know if any one sees one, i would like to get the specs?..thanks steve

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)