4DTV and HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ikki

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 22, 2009
Minnesota
If the service that is available via 4DTV is from the "Master Feeds", wouldn't one presume some where in C Band land we would find some HDTV master feeds as well.

Part two, if cable companies are able to receive Digicipher 2 feeds in HD, that would lead me to believe that Motorola / GI has some type of commercial receiver that would be to view them.

What is stopping the public from buying one of these receivers and having the unit activated through a regular 4DTV service reseller?

If the service that is available via 4DTV is from the "Master Feeds", wouldn't one presume some where in C Band land we would find some HDTV master feeds as well.

They are up there on C band.

Part two, if cable companies are able to receive Digicipher 2 feeds in HD, that would lead me to believe that Motorola / GI has some type of commercial receiver that would be to view them.
You are correct.

What is stopping the public from buying one of these receivers and having the unit activated through a regular 4DTV service reseller?
You can buy the receiver but unless your a cable company I doubt if you could get it activated, it would have to be through the channel provider. You might be able to tell them you have a large condo complex and doing SMATV for the tennants. I think you would be shocked by how much they would charge you per subscriber though.

There are a handful of HD first gen masters you can get with a 4DTV and a HDD 200 decoder though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts