4DTV Battery Issue Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

equant

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 23, 2007
Tucson, AZ
If I never plan to use my 4DTV receiver to do anything but watch free programming and aim my dish, do I need to worry about replacing the battery?

In other words, does the battery only affect decryption of pay channels? With a dead battery, can I still DL satellite maps, control polarity, watch clear NTSC?

Thanks.

If I never plan to use my 4DTV receiver to do anything but watch free programming and aim my dish, do I need to worry about replacing the battery?

In other words, does the battery only affect decryption of pay channels? With a dead battery, can I still DL satellite maps, control polarity, watch clear NTSC?

Thanks.

From what I understand, you will be able to watch clear ANALOG broadcasts, control polarity, and move the dish.

I am pretty sure a dead battery will preclude downloading satellite maps, as well as kill any kind of digicipher operation, even ITC digicipher. So basically, as I understand it, a 920/922 with a dead battery is an analog receiver for all intents and purposes. :)

In one word Yes..... If you going to use it for any digicipher channels. It will still do analog and VC2 if a module is installed though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts