Is it possible to download Channel maps on a sat other than G1

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lonewolf85

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
pocahontas ark
Hi guys I just got two dsr 920 4DTV's and one Motorola dsr 905 Form and old satellite shop in strawberry AR.
they all have good unit ID numbers and receive a good pic on the digital channels on GB the 905 and one of the 920 units downloaded all the channel maps on G1 just fine. But the other 920 unit does not have G1 on the satellite table. Does this mean that i have to do a factory reset on this receiver? I heard that if you do a factory reset that the unit must be than re subscribed to receive the ITC channels. thanks lonewolf

Channel maps are on about 5 sats or more, using 4d lingo you should be able to map on C4,C3,G1,G5,GB.

Make sure you change the battery in these units asap.

Channel maps are on about 5 sats or more, using 4d lingo you should be able to map on C4,C3,G1,G5,GB.

Make sure you change the battery in these units asap.

Thanks tdti1 I am trying on C3 as type this the two 920's are 1999 models so I am going to have change the batterys as quick as I can the 905 is a 2001 model and I plan to sell it so I do have some leway there.

Last edited:
If you mean that G1 doesn't show up when you press the SAT button on the remote, it could be that G1 hasn't been selected to be used for some reason. You can access the "Program Satellites" menu through the "Installation Settings" menu. Then just select G1 and it should put it on the satellite table page. Good luck.

I heard that if you do a factory reset that the unit must be than re subscribed to receive the ITC channels. thanks lonewolf

the in the clear ot ehe "must sub to something to get these few extra channels?

if its the actual in the clear (Zero Key) no a factory reset is fine. Been there done that
the 2nd one...I assume it would need to be resubbed

If you mean that G1 doesn't show up when you press the SAT button on the remote, it could be that G1 hasn't been selected to be used for some reason. You can access the "Program Satellites" menu through the "Installation Settings" menu. Then just select G1 and it should put it on the satellite table page. Good luck.

Hermitman no the recevier did not have G1 in Program Satellites menu at all. That does not matter now because the recevier downloaded the channel maps on C3 in about 30 minutes kind of slow compared to G1 which took about 5 minutes.I am a very happy camper as I now have 4 working 4DTV receviers.

Attachments

• 4dtv's.jpg
    4dtv's.jpg
    408.7 KB · Views: 188
I heard that if you do a factory reset that the unit must be than re subscribed to receive the ITC channels. thanks lonewolf

On the 920 and 905 models, the receiver loses it's authorization key if a master reset is done. The 922 does not.

Perhaps they were referring to channels like ALTV in "U" status which function as long as you have a sub to something.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)