4dtv channel map download

Status
Please reply by conversation.

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
Hey guys, I have a dsr-905 subscribed through nps, I have the oppertunity to get another older dsr-905 from my cousin who no longer uses 4dtv since his dish got smashed by a large tree during a windstorm. He will give me the receiver that i think should still be good.

My question is will a 4dtv receiver download the channel map from G-1 without being authorized for some type of programming. I thought about using the spare 905 out back in my gazebo slaved to my existing orb-7500 / dsr-905 combo.

I could essentially use the spare 905 for the few "in the clear" digicipher channels on the various sats. It will be easy for me to install a run of rg-6 quad to the gazebo and allow the digicipher receiver to compliment the fortec ultra free to air receiver that is already there connected to a 42" lcd tv. Let me know if it is worth a try. I was not really looking to authorize another 4dtv receiver since of course 95% of my tv viewing is spent in my living room.

Thanks, Trucker:wave

When I first fired up my GI 922, I pulled down the guide just fine.

Then I believe it got some kind of software update (It was trying to go to G0 for guide until this update).

After said update, opeing the guide got me a 'guide not availalable' message.

Once I called NPS and transfered my Analog Starz sub to the Digital Starz package on the 922 (cheaper!), the guide worked great.

I would say that it needs some kind of authorization for the guide.

Shawn95GT said:
I would say that it needs some kind of authorization for the guide.

Yes, it needs a subscription to the guide to receive it automatically, but you do not need to be authorizied to download maps, but it will have to have been authorized to receive any dc2 fta.

Trouble with guide

I could not get the guide to down load without unpluging my 4D and re connecting it. I checked with Motorola and they said that since my unit was old it might need to be reformated it,well I didnt want to have to reinstall all the data, so I did nothing. Well I was renewing my programing with NPS and asked them about the guide. They said it had expired and after a rehit on the guide, it works. I dont understand how my sat service was in force but not my guide. They told me at NPS that unpluging (soft reboot) was not good to do as after some number of reboots it could screw up my 4D.

john dusek said:
I could not get the guide to down load without unpluging my 4D and re connecting it. I checked with Motorola and they said that since my unit was old it might need to be reformated it,well I didnt want to have to reinstall all the data, so I did nothing. Well I was renewing my programing with NPS and asked them about the guide. They said it had expired and after a rehit on the guide, it works. I dont understand how my sat service was in force but not my guide. They told me at NPS that unpluging (soft reboot) was not good to do as after some number of reboots it could screw up my 4D.

The guide and programming is not the same authorization, they usally turn the guide on for one year at a time, you can see if your guide is up by pressing options 6-0-5 on the right side you will see ID under there if it is 01 then your good if it is 00 then you need to reauthorize the guide.

The soft reboot is ok if the 4dtv is new or has a new battery, you risk it everytime you do it with a old unit, if the battery is dead and you do it then the unit ID will be lost.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts