Status
Please reply by conversation.

rodder

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 6, 2005
Adairsville,Ga 30103
I Just Pickedup One Of These 4dtv dsr 920 For $21.50 Off Ebay. I Just hope It Works For That Price.Will Yhis This Receiver Switch Polarty On A bsc421 lnb.are will it have to be used with a polorotor lnb.:)

That receiver can be set up to run the BSC421, which is a dual polarity lnbf. Or the 920 can be set up to run a servo motor to change polarity on a single polarity lnb. That receiver will also drive an actuator to move a big dish.

I Just Pickedup One Of These 4dtv dsr 920 For $21.50 Off Ebay. I Just hope It Works For That Price.Will Yhis This Receiver Switch Polarty On A bsc421 lnb.are will it have to be used with a polorotor lnb.:)

If it works and has a good DC II unit Id, I would change the battery ASAP. When the lithium goes you may as well trash the DC decoder part.

I Just Pickedup One Of These 4dtv dsr 920 For $21.50 Off Ebay....Will This Receiver Switch Polarty On A bsc421 lnb.are will it have to be used with a polorotor lnb.:)
Good score! I paid $50 for mine, and it controls a BSC-421 on my 7.5 footer. -I've got a personal hatred for those lil' blue motors LOL :D:up

I paid about $50 for mine and the UID was no good........battery was dead. Hope yours is in better shape.

Funny thing about those batteries is there is a bit of breathing room when the battery is really low and disconnected. I was messing with an old VCRS the other day I have as a backup that showed 3.14v 2 years ago. I measured it the other day and it had .3v on it so I said this is not good. I touched one of the leads and it fell out of the battery (rotted away) so I quick took it over to the bench and quickly soildered a new 3v lithium battery in there. I figured the unit was toast so I hooked it up and low and behold it retained it's keys. I even checked with NPS and they said the numbers were good. I have heard the same is true with the DC that power can be disconnected for a short period a few minutes and they still come back. So a capacitor has to be charged in there holding the voltage to the chip for a short time. Once there dead for a long period though your out of luck. I think if Motorola allowed someone to reload the unit ID numbers in a dead board it would cause quite a few more 4DTV's to be alive and well. I heard that even ATS cant get any new ID numbers anymore for reload. Which is just plain BS.

920 battery

Yes I guess I should have done more research before I bought one of these.
The seller on ebay guaranteed it operational.
I've worked on motorola equipment for a long time and should have known better.
They are known for pulling crap like this. It cost's you an arm and a 2 legs to
refresh the firmware in one of their 2 way radios. But at least it's available.
Shame on you moto :mad::tux:

Yeah, these units are still in demand and they no longer make them.........makes me wonder what's up, if they're just going to phase them out like VCII or what?
You'd think if they wanted people to keep subbing that they'd allow someone to reload them. Makes me a little nervous about the future of 4DTV.......
Just because the seller says it's operational doesn't mean you'll be able to sub. with it. I found out the hard way too..........well I knew the dangers but I took a chance........no more of that!
Odds are there are hundreds of them out there that haven't been used in years and the batteries may or may not be good. Or if they are not in use they may be still plugged in so when it gets unplugged and shipped it loses it's memory in shipping. It's a real shame.

Well I know I didn't ask before I bid, Doh'
I notified the seller that if they didn't match I would consider that non functional
and would be returning it.
Paypal has been pretty good at getting my money back.

i had a pair of uhf two way radios and it cost an arm and leg to get the programming software to change the freq's. stupid. Our next radios will be programmable via the keypad from icom or some other brand

i had a pair of uhf two way radios and it cost an arm and leg to get the programming software to change the freq's. stupid. Our next radios will be programmable via the keypad from icom or some other brand

Yeah, if you get the actual Motorola cables etc. it's stupid expensive! There are some aftermarket ones that will work. I used to program two ways of many different brands including Motorola. Everything that has the name Motorola on it tends to be 10 times the price. Good quality equipment though, I'll give it that!

UPDATE

The ebay seller that I bought the 920 from is acting really strange. When I asked if the receiver number on the status screen matched the sticker on the rear he refunded my money and now won't respond.
Bogus?? Stolen?
I don't know but suspicious

Maybe he knows it's no good and doesn't want to go through the hassle of having you return it and go through paypal etc. and end up getting negative feedback.

Yes that's what I would have done.:D
I guess he saved me return shipping:)

I talked to him on the phone. He said he was sending it to ats for a firm
refresh.
I told him that wouldn't fix it. Told him there was no fix.

I'm finding out how hard it is to get these sellers to cough up the numbers.

Won't buy one without it. Learned my lesson.:eek:

Glad you caught it before it was shipped. I wasn't so lucky, I bought it as is and took my chances. Odds are there was a good reason why it was "as is".
Learned my lesson too.......the hard way!

Yea, that sucks. Another ebay gottcha.

Just checking my pic. Like pizza?

Didn't work. How do you get your profile pic to showup?

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts