4DTV Diagnostic Screen Info

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dunnsept

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Central Meechigan
In order to help fellow 4DTV users, I put together a quick down-n-dirty flash 'tutorial' on the diagnistic screens on the 4DTV. I do not have all of the screens done (only A through C) and I do not have all of the fields marked, only certain ones.
I am also going to make a non-flash version (jpeg) but that's not really even started yet.
Please send me any feedback/suggestions/corrections. (donations too :D

4DTV Diagnostic Screens A-C

the swf is only 56k so should be reasonable on a modem

*just kidding on the donation part

Very nice, when you get it all done you can incorporate it into a nice webpage with a background. Keep up the good work.

very nice descriptions...now I can see what the heck some of that stuff means on the Starchoice setup :)
(since they use motorola receivers)

Other than ebno that is all I really looked at (or understood)

thanks
screen F is another one I'll get added. That's the program guide, shows you each day, which has data loaded, how much RAM is left for the guide and how long it took to download. You can also clear the guide from that screen and start it downloading again

I never really fully researched what some of the screens are. Some have multiple levels accessed by selecting the up and down arrow buttons on the remote. Like some state something about uplink data? Some have 3 to 5 additional screens of data that can be selected. While I can pick out the freq, SR, EBNO, sub status, TDT etc, I would be nice to decode what the info relates to. Fun to check out what GI-Motorola let's us have access to. It surprises me it's there at all.

The DSR4200V has only Diag. Data screens A,B,C while the 4DTV and 410 models go up the screen G.

yea.. some of those screens just go on forever.. mainly I was trying to cover a bit on each at least for what a "general" user would want to know.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts